Notices

New to SR

Old 06-06-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to SR

Hi, new here; been reading threads for a couple days. Decided a couple days ago enough is enough and I have to quit drinking. I'm one of those who most everyone I know doesn't realize I drink, much less have issues. Anyway, at this point I'm having some nightmares, itching, super-irritability and craving a bottle of wine. I decided to stop, hoping to help my hypertension and now seeing my nightly wine (and sometimes more) habit has really f-d me up. I did stop for about 3 months last year but didn't feel as lousy or crave it like now. Been drinking pretty regularly for 10 yrs. "Just some wine with dinner" was misleading. Never happy unless I drank the whole bottle, plus some. I will get through it! Thanks for the great posts. They truly help.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard thanks for the post. I used to be a bottle of wine drimker nightly until I progressed. My best to you.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!
Old 06-06-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks

Thanks, I've never reached out to others. I always denied I had a problem. But I see one bottle turning into two. Having a big fosters along with it all and shots here and there. Anf no hangovers. Yes, I have an alcohol addiction and for the first time I admit I need support! Many thanks. (pls excuse errors, I don't get along with this phone!)
Old 06-06-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.. You have come to the right place. We have the same problem as you do ...But SR has helped us to see the things in right perspective.. You have done well to admit that you have problem and you need support.

Just keep reading the posts on SR. A good start will be to double click on my name and see all the posts made by me . You will see lots of similarity in our problem. You will read what I have been through . You can do the same for any other friend on SR. Evryone on SR is friend to each other. All the best and be in touch .
Old 06-06-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

SR is a great place, I'm glad you found us!
Old 06-06-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im going to click on and read, as you suggested. Avoiding the liquor store next door. Today's been tough and it's noteven nighttime yet.lol
Old 06-06-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Liquor store next store!! Ouch. Hang tough my friend. I know they say one day at a time but some times it is one hour. Go for a nice long walk in the other direction.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome! That's what scared me....the 2 bottles of wine + and no hangovers. Going on 2 months here. The old bod is adjusting. Itching, stomach problems, headaches are gone. So hang in there..it's all temporary. You'll become a new you. My pc wallpapers says " Well today I haven't beaten anyone to death with a chair, so I'd say my people skills are improving"...the irritability will lessen also. We're happy you found us!!
Old 06-06-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome! I'm like you; I can't stop at a glass of wine. I usually can't stop at a whole bottle of wine, and that's when I realized I had a problem.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ahhhhh, you all are so awesome! Youre really encouraging me today. Gonna go take that walk. Enjoy your day/night. We can do this!!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to the family fairenough. I was determined to control what I drank, with disastrous results. I went on for 30 yrs. of ups and downs - very dangerous, unpredictable behavior. When I finally admitted I had no control - it was actually a relief to know I could never play with it again. The good times were gone, and they were never coming back.

When I found SR I was so relieved to find others with my same exact problem. Who knew? I'm so glad you're here - with a good attitude. You will have a whole new life - no more being in a fog.