Notices

First out of town business trip since sober

Old 06-06-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NatalieN View Post
Finally out of danger. Second night is over. I am packing to return home tomorrow. Thanks for the help. This forum is trully amazing.
I'd say you're truly amazing...Nice job Natalie!
Old 06-09-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you sapling. Please know that your continued support and encouragement to everyone here is trully appreciated and admired. I don't work the 12 steps but have always enjoyed a great AA meeting. The support of the women in the AA meeting I attend is a very important tool in my recovery toolbox.

Finally back home. I am very grateful I didn't blow my month of sobriety. I can't imagine having to start over now that the tsunami cravings are gone. The little waves that remain are a lot easier to ride.

I was talking to a friend earlier today about this apparent allergy to alcohol I seem to have been born with. I never drank like a normal person, never. I immediately knew, after my very first drink at the age of 13, that alcohol and I were going to spend a lot of time together. That mental obsession was always there. From the age of 13 it was. I never saw my parents drink, smoke or use drugs, ever. They were agnostics while raising us and still are. Taught us the difference between right and wrong and to think for ourselves. Basically good people. A bit emotionally distant which is quite common in persons of their generation I sense, but not terrible parents by any means. No alcoholic gene from them or my two sets of grandparents. They didn't drink either. So I was taking to my friend about my body's inability to process alcohol normally and she said everyone is born with some inability, some have digestive problems from birth, others cardiac problems. Millions are born with named syndromes and syndromes yet to be named. I was born with this life threatening allergy.

This made so much sense to me.

Thanks again for your support when I needed it so badly.

Take care

Natalie
Old 06-09-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're back Natalie

D