Notices

Am I losing too much with sobriety?

Old 06-03-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

That was a awesome humorous inspirational fun post!! Keep up the good work!!
Old 06-03-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by crewisms View Post
I’ve lost so many things in the past eight days of sobriety that I just don’t know what to do anymore.

I've lost my best friend in the entire world, senor Tequila Patron; about 5 lbs of visceral fat surrounding my liver has abandoned me; and the red perma-tan from my face is gone, too. Another good friend, Mr. Insomnia, is fading away. I have this insane compulsion to get things done rather than sit on the couch and watch TV (I think my couch misses me). And those dang synapses in my brain that have been reactivated through the slow lifting of the fog are resulting in the weirdest thing – I’m able to think again. I fear I’m frightening my kids and the people at work with my newfound energy!

This woman, this beautiful toxic woman that always shares two or three or four bottles of fine wine with me just couldn’t accept the fact that she would have to drink alone whenever we might see each other in the future. When she made that comment I tilted my head to one side and asked her if a light bulb came on at that very moment. I thought it was funny.

But the worst thing is the constant nagging from my running shoes and bike, begging for attention like a little puppy wanting to go for a walk, or a lonely taxi-cab waiting for another ride. They actually had the gall to ask me to start training for another marathon or a triathlon. And, yesterday, just when I thought my relationship with them was getting better, I had to mount both of them for some outdoor activity! Outdoors in the beautiful sun again? Are you kidding me? Doesn’t vitamin D come in a pill?

I’m just not sure what I’m going to do when I look in the mirror with clear eyes and see my tall, lean self again in a few months. Maybe crack a genuine smile?

Alcohol's loss is sobriety's gain, methinks.

For the sake of myself and all those I touch, on to Day 9 with commitment, care and vigor. Oh, and a sense of humor :-)
I am on three weeks today... You sound just like how I felt until I hurt my ankle!! Now I don't know what to do with myself. I know what you mean about the energy and it upsets me so much I can't jog on the treadmill or go to the park and jog, or even walk...

Good going! I hope the 6 pounds I lost weren't all my liver! If I did lose any off it it, that's good, but if it was the entire 6 pounds, I'd be a bit concerned if I had anything left
Old 06-03-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I love this ! Congratulations on getting your life back on track I am on day 1 but hope to be writing a post similar to yours soon !
Old 06-03-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Eihwaz. You'll find a lot of love, wisdom and support in here. I have. The folks here are very special and have been very helpful with my sobriety.

Thank you all for your love.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I'm so glad I read your post, just wonderful...thank you!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Bravo Crewisms, you are fantastic!!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

What a great post, made me laugh and wanna see more of your posts
Old 06-03-2012, 10:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Love it! Thanks Crewisms!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:29 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

What a beautiful light you put sobriety in! Thank you for that!