Notices

two weeks tday

Old 05-29-2012, 02:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

two weeks tday

Hey gd day to you all, just feel like sharing some stuff. I know I have came a long way in two weeks because I needed three beers to go out the house two weeks ago. I was sad depressed and looking at life from the ground up. After rrading here and listening to eckharte tolls and vetting some mindful insight I can say I understand the word recovery compared to the usual im just stopping for now. The recovery makes a who's lot more sense and I know that its a vibrant and there can be no slacking. I have noticed though im well tired recently and relaxed im waiting to spring out my bed and hit the gym but it ain't happening. Bust really tired, is this common in first couple of weeks?
Thanks thanks for listening.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Miko, great job on your two weeks!

changes in energy levels and sleep cycles are reported quite often when folks stop. How long it lasts varies from person to person. I have come to belive that there may be some underlying things that we were self medicating that might take away our inititive when we stop drinking; then again that form of treatment didn't exactly work, now did it? hahaha

Chances are you are more normal then that buddy. Keep up the good work and hang in there. Very high probabilty things will get better within the month.

have a great day!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
So it goes

Hi Miko
Scrambled has it on the nail. You will start feeling better, and whilst the crap in your life doesnt go away, you can certainly cope with it tons better

Welcome to SR, and way to go on two weeks, those early days are the hardest
Billy
Old 05-29-2012, 02:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks people! Yeah i am feeling better by a mile just the tiredness. The thing is i like being lazy right now its like im treating myself fir not punishing my self with poison. I'm sure it'll get better thanks for the insight.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 2 weeks Miko - I hope you'll feel more energetic soon

D
Old 05-29-2012, 04:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done on the two weeks Mike, im 2 weeks as well today. Im tired too since I quit, couldnt sleep till 3 last nite and had to get up at 7 this, sunday eve I fell asleep at 8 and when i got up at 7 I felt wrecked tired! prob wont sleep till 3 again tonight, Im somewhat relaxed but restless too, think its normal.

The last time I was sober I felt much better,

Hope u find some energy bro
Old 05-29-2012, 05:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Way to go Mike! The beginning is the hardest. Keep going!! Great job!

I generally echo what Scrambled and Billy said. Just wanted to add that I remember feeling just like you are describing, wondering how I was going to survive in life if this doesnt change? Also Had very poor concentration. Rememher thinking if THAT did not improve, then the workplace would be noticing soon!

It does go away though! I also take vites and minerals daily now (rather than sporadically) as I believe vodka sucked the vites out of me. I also do daily Vispassana meditation now for the past month, which (amongst many things) also helps my concentration.

The best to you! Glad you are on SR with us!
Old 05-29-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey thanks for the responses. I'm know it will change soon. IV been sleeping crazy too Brian thinking il get up tmoro buzzin n yet im feeling like im made of led. Think I'll get to gym tomorow maybe it will do me good. yeah taking vites too eternalq and iv done meditating with the bold eckharte, I love your footnote emeraldq.
Thanks people have great day!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I would like to add that I didn't have the problems of being tired. I believe it is due to the fact my doc gave my valium so I could sleep and my intake of caffiene went up... Before I rarely drank caffeine and was also on a depressant (alcohol) however, I wouldn't recommend caffeine either... Or too much... Makes the withdrawal tougher. Water is good and I mix it with cranberry juice and take my supplements. Congratulations on 2 weeks! It gets better every day!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Way to go on 2 weeks--a solid accomplishment. I'm older (53) so my energy comes & goes...I just go with the flow!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

Congratulations on 2 weeks!!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am on day 9 and I can really relate. I feel sooo tired even though I seem to be getting enough hours of sleep in.
This thread makes me think that perhaps it's all a part of the healing process.
Sleep is when we repair tissue and sort out our subconscious mind after all.
That said, I hope this excessive tiredness goes away soon!

Congrats on your 2 weeks!
We're all in this together.