Notices

I need to get through this sober

Old 05-27-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need to get through this sober

It has been an extremely tough week. BF and I are not speaking to each other and when we do, it's a screaming match. I work at an acute care hospital so you can imagine how stressful that could be. But my job is not stressing me out. I can't wait to go to work to get away from the term-oil. As soon as I leave work, I get a terrible dread feeling in the pit of my stomach. I am a nervous wreck at home. I have had so many urges to escape this week. I am fighting it off but it is most difficult. I want to get through this.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe it's time for a "time out" from the relationship. That kind of stress is good for neither of you nor for the relationship. Is there somewhere you could go for a few days or a week, just to get away and let things settle down? If not could the BF give you some space by going somewhere?
Old 05-27-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Charon View Post
Maybe it's time for a "time out" from the relationship. That kind of stress is good for neither of you nor for the relationship. Is there somewhere you could go for a few days or a week, just to get away and let things settle down? If not could the BF give you some space by going somewhere?

Yes. I have a friend waiting for me to get up enough strength to leave. It's hard. It hurts.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberred View Post
As soon as I leave work, I get a terrible dread feeling in the pit of my stomach. I am a nervous wreck at home.
It can't be any harder than this.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Try whispering instead of yelling. It's hard to do, but it might help a little until you decide to love you enough to know your situation isn't conducive to loving yourself. You have a long history with him. Maybe it is time to move on. Something you need to come to terms with.

Glad work is not stressful. That is where you shine!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

oops, nevermind