Notices

90/90 challenge - i'm not fully convinced...

Old 05-26-2012, 10:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I had to learn the same way....I'm a selfish, self centered ego maniac with an inferiorty complex....It wasn't easy to get through to me. Step One...No Power...Step 2...Power could be there...Step 3...Decide to use that power...Steps four through nine...Get that Power.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

jstar,

Step 3 at 45 days? You are taking too long.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Damn...I think i'm in total denial. I am so f'n confused

nothin wrong with givin up the fight and fully conceding to your inner most self yer an alcoholic.this is the 1st step in recovery.the delusion that we are like other people, or presently may, has to be smashed.
we alcoholic are men and women who have lost the ability to control our drinking. we know that no alcoholic ever regains control.... read more starting on pg30 of the BB.

there are no time limits.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Nothing to add...just wanted to wish you the best jstar xxx
Old 05-26-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
~sb

Steps 1 & 2 can be accomplished quickly. Step 3 is a decision to move on to steps 4 5 6 & 7 "at once." Stopping on any step before finishing 9 is cause for a relapse.

Alcoholism does not have to do with how often or how much one drinks. It is not always physical alcohol dependency.

I wish you well!
Old 05-26-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
jstar,

I thought so too but what do I know, it was my first time w/a sponsor. I am going to be getting a new sponsor hopefully soon, but I am going to be much more careful who I pick this time. Got really burned by the one I have now that I have to get away from
Old 05-26-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Before chooseing a different sponsor...I suggest you check the free
literature rack ..many meetings have the official AA guideline

Questions and Answers on Sponsorship.

Here it is on line

Alcoholics Anonymous : Pamphlets

Forward is the correct direction...
Old 05-26-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Skip that was a great post it really described how it is for so many. Brilliant!!!

Love
CaiHong
Old 05-26-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
Before chooseing a different sponsor...I suggest you check the free
literature rack ..many meetings have the official AA guideline

Questions and Answers on Sponsorship.

Here it is on line

Alcoholics Anonymous : Pamphlets

Forward is the correct direction...
I will check that out CarolD-thanks

Problem I have w/my sponsor is not her way of taking me through the steps, but that I had relapsed & called her in a blackout and she picked me up w/her boyfriend & took me home to my husband. A few days later I went to a meeting where i've met alot of people & 5 different people approached me saying things like "glad you are back", asking to sniff my coffee cup to make sure it was just coffee & they knew actual "details" of everything that happened that night. I admit I screwed up, I slipped. But I thought my sponsor was supposed to be my "safe" person & she & her boyfriend (also in AA) were the only ones there that night. I confronted her asking how so many people knew because I was angry, I felt betrayed & trust lost. She told me she shared at a meeting that one of her sponsee's relapsed & went into detail about it all. She said I was not seeing it from her side that she was also hurt & crying and sad about me relapsing so she had to talk about it & reach out to people. She only has 2 sponsee's & it's a close enough group around that everyone she knew & I knew, knew it was me.

Personally....I call that good old fashioned gossip. If I wanted people to know every detail of my story, I'd tell them myself. So yeah, def going to get a new sponsor
Old 05-27-2012, 02:22 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jstar View Post
Personally....I call that good old fashioned gossip. If I wanted people to know every detail of my story, I'd tell them myself. So yeah, def going to get a new sponsor
Then you should...And be sure and put her on your 4th step...Don't hold on to that resentment. I wish you the best jstar.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

I think your plan is sound. I would just offer that IMHO, normal drinkers don't fight this hard to keep alcohol in their lives.

Wondering if you're an alcoholic while in the same thread recounting calling your sponsor in a blackout ....I remember this craziness well. Hanging on so tightly to something that is at best peripheral in a normal drinker 's life is kind of the definition of an alcoholic, IMHO.