Notices

Glad I kept a journal

Old 05-20-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovering

Glad I kept a journal

It's early days for me (a little over 30 days), but I was looking back on my journal and noticing how low I seemed in weeks one and two. I can compare that to how I feel now (which is not perfect but a hell of a lot better) and really get a sense of progress that I might not have seen so clearly if it wasn't for my journal.

I'd encourage others to do the same - it makes encouraging reading seeing the progress. I'd also be interested in hearing who else has used a journal and how it has (or has not) helped them.

God bless you all +
Old 05-20-2012, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HI Michael, I think I'll take your advice and begin a journal too. I drank the past two nights after 32 sober days so maybe incorporating a journal this time round will help me. Thanks for sharing and good luck to you.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

good on ya!!! i did a LOT of writing early on in recovery. i burned all of it about a year in. 7 years later, i think it would be nice to be able to sit down and read just how insane i was!
Old 05-20-2012, 06:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Such a great idea Michael...I wish I'd done that. I wrote things years ago when I was drinking but I threw it out. I think I was paranoid that someone would find it! That's why SR is so great, you can't burn your posts on here! I can hear the anxiety in my earlier posts and the irrationality and flippancy in the posts before I quit.

Well done on your 30 days! x