Notices

New to recovery; Old to addiction

Old 05-15-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool New to recovery; Old to addiction

Hi Everybody
Ok this is my 1st day on this website and what I hope to obtain outta this website is the best way to recover.(of course) So i've been hooked on loratabs for about 2 years now. A few months ago I tried quitting but the "paws period" sucked so bad and I didnt want to deal with it so ended up starting again.but this time I am ready for recovery! So I started suboxone about a week ago (just little slivers of the strip kind) but hope to get off that like tomorrow because I know bein hooked on that is even worse than tabs and also I just want to not NEED nothing.im plannin on just usin zanax to fall alsleep for the next couple nights for the rls.so what I would like to know is how long of a "paws" period do you think id get from doin only doin a max of about 2 and a half tabs a day for about 2 years.and are there any supplements out there known to work that makes the "paws" period less bad? Thank you for reading my post and looking forward to read your responses to my questions
Old 05-15-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Laurap23
Welcome

I'm not familiar with lortabs I'm afraid - but you may find our substance abuse readers have more experience to share as well:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

you seem to be dealing with a few meds there - have you consulted a Dr about any of this?

D
Old 05-15-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Laura! We're so glad you found us. You're not alone with your addiction - many here know just what you're going through. Glad you've decided to reach out for a better life.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!
Old 05-15-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for your welcomes
But no, no doctors..i did get the meds off the black market :/ ...but the way im usin these meds is the same way I did a few months ago when I got off the tabs last time.its the best less suffering way to get off them..my only problem is the aftermath of the initial withdrawl.For a few months after u feel depressed and tired all the time.and so I am lookin for the best way to get through that to actually complete recovery this time
Old 05-15-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome, Laura!!

I don't know about loratabs, but it took months (as opposed to days/weeks) to feel energetic again after I quit drinking. I had to cut back on some things (especially the stress I put on myself!). It also helped when people told me it would get better. The support here has been great.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cool

Wow months I nvr thought it.d be that vad for drinkin..my friend amanda is in for a big surprise I guess ha..i just hope it may not be that bad for me becausr Idk if u ever heard ppl who get hooked on tabs start with only a couple then get up to 10,20 of em..i did em a long time well 2 years but really only did the amount as if they were prescribed to me..so im hoping maybe the after period wont be too long! I hope!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm not real sure I get the "no doctors" part. Seems like the safest way to do it. As far as recovery goes...I have some friends that have remained clean working the program of Narcotics Anonymous...That could be something to look into. Hang around with recovered addicts...Not a bad place to be.