Notices

Help. Resentment and other crap

Old 05-14-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elisabeth888 View Post
She has me doing a lot of writing.

I see I am overreacting about this. I am going to find other rides to meetings. I am going to have to discuss my feelings with her too, and possibly change sponsors again.

I am being immature by getting so worked up. I am going to channel this energy into finding and buying a car. I am going to so APPRECIATE driving myself.

I am going to read page 417 now.
Read this instead as you have a resentment.

"This was our course: We realized that the people who wronged us were perhaps spiritually sick. Though we did not like their symptoms and the way these disturbed us, they, like ourselves, were sick too. We asked God to help us show them the same tolerance, pity, and patience that we would cheerfully grant a sick friend. When a person offended we said to ourselves, “This is a sick man. How can I be helpful to him? God save me from being angry. Thy will be done.” "

How It Works

~

I can't imagine charging a sponsee for anything. I guess the times must be tough. (or tough for her)

Is there a bus?

Can you find someone else that is willing to help without charging a fee for gas?

I think having a money issue between you is a bad idea right from the start.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Slightly off topic, but I would never charge anyone to give them a ride to an AA meeting.

I'm not that cheap and I would see it as service work. I bet there are other AA members who think like me. I hope you can find one in your area.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!

I prayed and meditated and talked to my husband about it and I am not accepting rides from her even when she offers (which she does).

Before my DUIs and when I was sober, I gave rides and did not accept gas money either. Who knows? It is not worth me getting bent about it. I am not sure what I am going to do about the sponsor relationship thing. Like I said, I am praying about it. Hopefully I will be given a sign.

I have to say that it really helped getting it out on here. You guys are the voice of reason I didn't want to discuss this with anyone from my HG for fear of being a gossip.

I did even pray for her when I was so pissed off yesterday.