Notices

Hello

Old 05-09-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

I'm very new to the idea of quitting and to the site. Its been a blessing to find a group of people that seem to feel a lot of what I am feeling now days. I have to be honest. I've not quit, yet. My DOC is heroin. I can honestly say I am tapering off, down from a solid 1/2 g daily. I cannot afford to formally go into a program, but I have a plan and the desire and am doing my best to run with it I've been in talk therapy with a drug addiction counselor for 3 weeks, seeing her Fridays. I have isolated myself from my family and friends for about 8 months. I have a little girl that has chosen to live with my parents because she basically got sick of being holed up in the house with me, while I slept, passed out on the couch, or enduring my wrath if the money was low or drugs weren't immediately available. I can't say that blame her at all.

My life has spiraled out of my control. I know the first step to getting it back is to stop the h. I know I'll need support to stop the h. I hope you all will be patient with me, to help me find my way Thank you for listening, and bless you for understanding what I'm feeling.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome hardtime....I don't know anything about heroin....But I know about having your life spiral out of control....I had that happen with alcohol. Good news is there are ways out of it....This site is great for support. Glad to have you here.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, I know I know nothing about anything, except this site has meant alot to me for some years. Read, post it is good.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

Welcome to SR hardtime. You've come to the right place.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

It sounds like you're ready to change your life and we are here to offer support.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

good luck!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hello hardtime. My life was out of control, too. It was becoming dangerous and unpredictable to keep drinking - I knew I was going to lose my life if I kept it up. When I came here I found so much help and encouragement. I hope you'll feel the same.

Please read some of the success stories here - it will give you hope. Keep talking to us & let us know how you are. You may want to check out the Drug Addiction forums too.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome hardtime

you'll find a lot of support here and a lot of enocurage,ment too - noone does this alone

we also have a substance abuse forum you might like to check out as well

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse
D
Old 05-09-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome hardtime -

Having support was what got me through those first days and you'll get lots of that around here. Be patient with yourself and take it one day at a time. We're here for you!