Notices

I can't believe this!

Old 05-01-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can't believe this!

Hi all. I was sober for 4 weeks. I felt great. While cleaning out my closet, I found empty beer cans. Something in my head said, "wouldn't it be nice to have just one?" I walked to my car, stopped and came back in....three times before I caved. It will be two weeks this Wednesday that I have drank daily, non-stop. I woke up this morning feeling horrible and opened a beer to try to alleviate this hangover...I only had one left....and it didn't work.

I am dizzy and feel out of it and am SO disgusted with myself. I just got back in my car to drive to get more beer and got back out and came here.

WHY does this happen to us? My thoughts are go get more to help ease the symptoms, but I know i can't just have one or two or three and it will end up with another drunken day wasted.

PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME. I did sooo well and I was so happy. I was doing things with my kids again...going to dinner, cleaning the house, actually sitting and eating a meal with them....why did I blow that?

am i really that selfish as to not care about my kids, they need me.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
So it goes

Unfortunately Tammy we cant have one. Bad luck at finding an old stash
I have a stash still and I know where it is, just dont want to go and get it (fortunately it is at the bottom of the garden and it is pouring with rain)
Just pick yourself up and start again, you did well before , you will again
BP
Old 05-01-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tammygirl View Post
WHY does this happen to us?
Because we are alcoholics Tammy...That's what we do. If you can come to accept that....Then you can find a solution to solving that problem....I'd recommend looking for one. Instead of going to get more beer...Why don't you drop in on an AA meeting and see how those people stopped for good. You might like it.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tammy, I'm sorry to hear about this. It sounds like you were doing great. You can do it again! I don't have much advice to offer as I am just starting myself and on day 2. I do know that reading comments from people like you and others on this board has motivated me. I am going to succeed! I wish you luck!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Relapse can happen so fast, we have to develop a plan to manage the cravings. Are you working any kind of program?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tammy I know exactly how you feel. When I'm not drinking my life changes after a few days. Doing things that I never would have done when drunk. Cooking great food, looking after myself properly, reading, stitching, gardnening etc.
But then the 'urge' to take a drink gets overwhelming. So back to Square One again.
It's stupid the way it gets to you.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Put that darkness behind you Tammy. Clear out your house of all the alcohol, have someone help you if you can't do it without wanting to drink. You are very early in sobriety and you shouldn't be around alcohol at all for the time being. Best of luck!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tammy

I'm sorry you drank, but whats done is done - there's no logic in addiction.
it's time to regroup and get back on the right road - thats the important thing.

whats your plan?

D
Old 05-01-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I again with Dee74. tammygirl, you have a choice to keep drinking or stop. Even though your addicting got the best of you does not mean you can't stop right now again. Relapse is normal and it's part of recovery. You can stop now or coming drinking and prolonging the hangover which will get even worst.