Notices

tomorrow it's two weeks and I am doing fine but...

Old 04-27-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tomorrow it's two weeks and I am doing fine but...

I felt like having a drink today for the first time in two weeks. I didn't have one. I had sparkly water with my dinner. I know there is alcohol in the house and I just want to be a normal person and have a glass of wine to relax... I know that is not possible and that it's my 'alcoholic brain' trying to convince me that I don't really have a serious problem, since I went two whole weeks without a glass and didn't even miss it. First time in more than a decade. However, I am trying very hard to play the tape to the end. I know it's not pretty. I know that if I have one drink, I'm going to want to finish the bottle.

Help! I'm running a bath now and I'm going to read 'a woman's guide to recovery'. I"m on those pages...

Thanks for listening. Danica
Old 04-27-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Danica~~~

great job on those to weeks, way to keep it going! who knows, maybe its the normal people that want to finish the bottle (and thats why the smart ones decide not to drink) and its the weirdo's that drink a glass of wine and don't react. I think its fun to think of it that way, anyway~~~

keep up the good work~~~~
Old 04-27-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there and don't pick up the first one....Congrats on two weeks...Hang on to it.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Danixa - SR got me through many of those kinds of nights....glad you posted
You know it's a lie - don't fall for it

D
Old 04-27-2012, 09:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You don't want to throw away 2 weeks of sobriety. You will feel guilty and miserable the next day...instead, take your bath, read some more, have some tea and go to bed and have a good sleep! You will wake up tomorrow morning feeling soooo glad you did.
Keep posting! We are here for ya!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You're echoing my feelings and thoughts, your post is like me thinking out loud, and it's helped me answer myself,so thank you.
keep on going you're doing so well x
Old 04-28-2012, 02:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Life's better right now for you ?
Why risk it when it hasn't worked out before.
As time passes that question dies back, I guess it does come back and I think that's we're all the relapse after x years etc come from.
Right now let's make it three weeks, and feel the pride for the first two.
John.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I didn't take the drink. And you were all right. I woke up this morning feeling very glad that I didn't. thank you all so much for getting me through last night. I could give you every excuse in the book about why I should have been entitled to 'one' drink... but who the heck just wants one? And why bother? haha. I have an audition this morning at 10am and my head is clear! For the first time in years, I'm not waking up on a saturday morning with a hangover. I LOVE this! I think I just have to trust myself that I'm just as exciting a person without the booze than I am with it. (maybe more even, since I'm in tune and not all foggy?) Happy Saturday morning everyone, so glad this forum exists and for all of you. <3
Old 04-28-2012, 06:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

your doing great Danica, keep up the good work, lately, when i get that urge, i ask myself, why do this again, i'm gonna feel like garbage tomorrow. good luck with the audition
Old 04-28-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done Danica, on the two weeks and on last night! That's the real work, and you did great
Old 04-28-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats Danica !

All the best.

Bob R