Notices

Scared

Old 04-28-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

MWarren...welcome!

I used to be the loud & crazy party girl with drink in hand. Since i've quit drinking (32 days now) i've been pretty shy, especially going to AA meetings. IT DOES GET BETTER! People will reach out to you if you open yourself up to it, even just a tiny bit, say sticking around 10 minutes after a meeting. I've started to meet sober people who like things I like & we call/text eachother. My drinking "friends" I haven't heard a peep from in over a month. My new AA friends actually check on me & I check on them. Last night, after a meeting, 5 of us went bowling, I had so much fun & laughed so mush my stomach hurt! What a fun sober night!

It is hard, but in my opinion, so far, its totally WORTH EVERY SECOND! Just take it one day, one hour, or one minute at a time.

Keep posting...tons of solid support here!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jstar View Post
My drinking "friends" I haven't heard a peep from in over a month.
It's pretty amazing how that works....Isn't it?...It's almost like you are doing something wrong.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
It's pretty amazing how that works....Isn't it?...It's almost like you are doing something wrong.
I think they don't know how to act around me sober & I think they aren't calling me to hang out, cause all I ever did was drink & get high with them. Cool thing is, i'm not even sad about it as they were probably never really my friends to begins with!
Old 05-19-2012, 02:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jstar View Post
I think they don't know how to act around me sober & I think they aren't calling me to hang out, cause all I ever did was drink & get high with them. Cool thing is, i'm not even sad about it as they were probably never really my friends to begins with!
Trust me...You won't miss them at all...The more your head clears up....The more you see how much time you wasted. It's eye opening.