Notices

Lawrence of Arabia Recovery?

Old 04-21-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lawrence of Arabia Recovery?

I know i read too much, what my wife said when she divorced me after I got sober, but came across this today and it seemed to speak to me of the vision I have of being a sober man.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality."
--T.E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia).

I guess, for me, I strive to make my recovery reality. And I know some of you and others have forged the path I will follow to make my dreams reality.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MycoolFitz View Post
I know i read too much, what my wife said when she divorced me after I got sober, but came across this today and it seemed to speak to me of the vision I have of being a sober man.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality."
--T.E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia).

I guess, for me, I strive to make my recovery reality. And I know some of you and others have forged the path I will follow to make my dreams reality.
When I committed to AA ... jumped in with both feet ... things started to get better.

Keep on truckin' Fitz !

Bob R
Old 04-21-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fitz, you are a trip! (A good one!) I had to read this post...beguiling title! And I loved those quotes. You don't read too much in my opinion....heck, you come up with awesome quotes continually. You would be surprised how you brighten my day with them. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sissy07 View Post
Fitz, you are a trip! (A good one!) I had to read this post...beguiling title! And I loved those quotes. You don't read too much in my opinion....heck, you come up with awesome quotes continually. You would be surprised how you brighten my day with them. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Hey Sissy, trip used to have a different meaning to me. I woke up this mmorning instead of coming to so its already a wonderful day. My very best to you as well.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I always enjoy your enlightening posts as well. Thanks for sharing.