Notices

Fiancee in denial of her problem

Old 04-19-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

you met her when she was "stone cold sober" for a very short period of time, 9 days. some might argue that she was not, taking the below 4 meds. i would wonder why she thought she could start being involved with a dating when she has so much on her plate?

"We met back in January. At that time, I knew she had just been released from a hospital for depression and alcoholism. The doctors put her on Librium, Klonopin, Restoril, and Prozac. She was hospitalized for 9 days and released".

i have been called a "high bottom drunk" i never had a job loss, financial problem, dui and i have maintained a high level career. but i'm still an alcoholic and I still had withdrawal and still have to really want to be sober.

best of luck in you getting some FTF support. i think you are going to really need it.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Several posts have been removed from this thread because they were breaking Rule #4.

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

It is also our policy not to allow threads that are purely to announce that you are unhappy here and "leaving the site'" or to post threads discussing why someone left or was banned. Such posts often detract from our purpose of providing support in recovery. Posts of this nature may be removed and continued posting of this nature could jeopardize your membership. If you wish to “leave” SR or just take a break from the site you are welcome to notify your friends via the Private Message feature.

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.