Notices

Day One Again!

Old 04-05-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day One Again!

Went on a 2 week bender. Boy it was not fun at all. I had to go to the hospital. Just didn't want it to end. This alcohol stuff is making me crazy. My BAC was at 0.334 and I hope this will be it for good. Can't keep putting this into myself.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so worried for you....this has dangerously happened to you on several occassions. Can you do something different this time to stay sober and take care of your health? I too am a re-tread but you never have to go back out again.

Take much care,
rwf
Old 04-05-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

What made you start drinking again?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't know. I left a meeting and then that's all I was thinking about. Could not do anything. I try to hit the gym but couldn't stay there more then 10 minutes.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Action, you have been bad,.. did you inocorporate any other chemicals by any chance???
Old 04-05-2012, 08:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Action,

Please do not let this relapse deter you from keeping and maintaining your recovery. You deserve to be sober...we all do. As a suggestion maybe you can call your sponsor and have in place other phone numbers to call...should that happen again? Maybe put in place a relapse prevention plan for yourself that if that happens you will do x, y and z?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
instant

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
Went on a 2 week bender.
I wonder what the steps were that led to this?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Have you read your old posts?

Dealing with your issues/problems while sober will really help with you staying sober if you choice. Cravings will come but they will not last long. Life gets better when you learn how to deal life without alcohol.” 6-18-2011
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just took a shower and to get my life back in line. Just thinking the amount of alcohol I consume and I think it's not to move on and just give up with the alcohol. In the last few years I probably consume about 25 years worth of alcohol for a normal person. I know it's not going to be easy and I got 3 months on my belt but having a remember like going to AA will keep me from drinking Just that extra remember that hey remember why your here and remember those really bad hangovers.

My color is coming back and the soreness is getting better. Just hope I don't lose my job over this stupid thing. I call in work and tell them I was throwing up. He said see you in Monday and just help that end of it and no longer do this again.

June 25 2011 (sober)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Still a little sore from my binge drinking last week. It's been 6 days since my last drink. Before then it was 3 months. Go figure. Well anyway I have decided that I want to stay sober for good. For now on if anyway ask me if they want to go out for a drink I will tell them that I quit drinking and if they ask then alcohol made me really depress and I don't want to deal with that in my life.” 6-30-2011
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Having more control is my life. I don't mine getting drunk but don't like the binge drinking I go through.”
7-17-2011
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Action,
I wish you sobriety.
Love,
Old 04-05-2012, 08:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think we're all on day one. No matter how many days,months,years,decades we have. I don't care if we've you've been sober for a century, all you have is today. Because if you go an pick up a drink tomorrow, what have you got? Nothing.

And the reason I feel this way, is because I know a guy with 52 years of sobriety. When someone once congratulated him on it, you know what he said? "Never mind the 52 years sonny, all I've got is today."

And that my friends, is how you stay sober for 52 years.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you decide to do something different this time act10N...you deserve way better than the life you're allowing yourself.

D
Old 04-06-2012, 01:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Have you looked at how this repeats like clockwork in terms of you're into a pattern that needs to be broken? Sometimes people leave one pattern for another and get locked into that one, often just as severely and ultimately equally negative.

Doing new things (not thinking new things) that you haven't done yet. Until you do that I suspect this pattern you're in will continue.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Action,

Can I suggest that you seem to be powerless over alcohol? All of your renewed attempts, this time I really mean it, this time will be different, I'm starting over fresh, etc., end up in the same place.
Originally Posted by AA BB 1st Ed
After they have succumbed to the desire again, as so many do, and the phenomenon of craving develops, they pass through the well-known stages of a spree, emerging remorseful, with a firm resolution not to drink again. This is repeated over and over, and unless this person can experience an entire psychic change there is very little hope of his recovery.