Notices

Strange Tummy Noises at night??

Old 04-02-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Strange Tummy Noises at night??

Did anybody get these? Early in recovery? Thanks guys.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Computer Experiment..Gone Bad!

Hi Ep,

Yes, for the first week not only at night but during the day. Even when watching a movie with my wife it was so loud she kept asking me "Are you hungry? Didn't you get enough to eat?" All I could do is laugh and say yes I am fine. I just have a monster in my belly :rotfxko

It will take a little while for the tummy to get back to normal. If you are concerned it is something more, please call your doctor, better to safe than sorry.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like gurglings etc?

that was pretty common in my drinking days - still happens from time to time, but much less common now.

If you're worried, see a Dr epskie

D
Old 04-02-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Today is day 1 for me, going onto 24 hours and my tummy won't shut up! It is annoying! This has been happening for me though during the day.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Maybe I only notice it at night then? My house and workplace are quite noisy. I don't feel too worried about it, it's just mildly annoying. Day 4 for me - onwards and upwards. Husband has gone away on business today so I can pretty much please myself this week - large dose of will power required! I can do this though, I know I can. Has anybody tried any of the sobriety apps for iPhone/android? I think they are very good; you can add your own inspirational images and quotes along with preloaded ones. Thanks again guys. It's so helpful having this website here with so many people willing to share advice :-)
Old 04-03-2012, 12:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh man.. I had that when I was drinking. Loud too! Like loud enough to be heard from across the room. I figure it was just a result of my poor eating habits (if I even ate) when I was drinking.

Its sense cleared up since I stopped drinking though. Your still in your detox stage. You most likely notice a lot of "abnormal" things happening with your body and mind. I'd like to say it happens to all of us, but if you are truly concerned you may want to check with a Dr. I'm no one to say whats best for you, but I can tell you they do call it "detox" for a reason

-Ryan
Old 04-03-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

All those gastric juices moving around. You should be fine
Old 04-03-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hia, I checked with my brother who's a nurse and he explained about gastric flora (or fauna, can't remember which) and how the acids and yeast and stuff in booze completely messes with the balance, but your body adapts. Then you take away the booze, and it adapts back again. Clever old digestive tract