Notices

If I only had a brain

Old 03-18-2012, 03:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

If I only had a brain

My SO is doing his morning bitch. You need to do this. You need to do that. You are this, you are that. It's 5 oclock in the morning I said. Why must I wake up to this? His obligatory answer? You are this and you are that. I told him that it's a good thing we do not have a gun in the house because if we did, I would blow my f'n brains out. His response?" Do not do that because I have have to clean the **** up." Nice. No wonder I am a drunk. Not a good excuse but it sure makes me want to go blow my 2 weeks. Do I really feel like that? Would I really blow my brains out if we had a gun around? Quite possibly yes. I believe I have lost my self worth.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Striving to be a better Man!

Wow that sucks.. at the wonderful hour of 5 am.. I'm glad you dont have a gun in the house. You know what? You have 2 weeks sober!! Thats awesome! I hope he settles down soon..
Old 03-18-2012, 03:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't blow your two weeks...You are worth something...Two weeks is a rough time...You really should think about getting some support though...I don't know what your thoughts on AA are...But I not only found support there...I found friendship and safety there...
Old 03-18-2012, 03:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smile Don't stop... keep going...

Just get away from him. Can you go for a walk to clear your head? Please don't give him the satisfaction of your going back to drinking. He is not worth it. People here care about you.

Please stay strong. Do something that makes you happy. Go watch a movie and do absolutely nothing but what you want.

Just stay away from him or send him on a long errand. Hang in there.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If your SO is that bitchy at 5 in the morning (on a Sunday no less), what's he like on a Thursday evening? I say get a new SO. No one needs that crap. Stay strong.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think staying sober would be great revenge. You may find you're moving past your SO in emotional maturity as time goes on. Don't stay with someone who makes you feel so bad. Stay strong and put yourself first.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree with the others, something must change, you deserve better than that.

I’ve been in a really bad emotional state when drunk, guns are a bad idea when drinking, and I’ve had those thoughts, now that I have a second chance at life sober I am so grateful I didn’t do anything drastic. The second chance deal is off the table once that happens.

Life can be wonderful sobered, I pray you find the right answers,
Old 03-18-2012, 05:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why do you say?

Why do you not move on?
Old 03-18-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

soberred,

When I read your post I got a lump in my throat. I was married to someone like that - that is verbal/emotional abuse. It almost destroyed me. I am not saying it will destroy you, but it is no way to live. I lived with it for a long time because I didn't want to "start over". It escalated, as it often does. I finally left with what I had left of my self-respect. I am not saying you should do that, I don't know, but beware. He may be insecure and trying to undermine your sobriety. Please take care. Don't accept that treatment. I did for way too long.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

I love you.

I have no advice, I just want you to start believing in you, but I also know how hard that is to do when you are where you are (been there).

How about if we love you for now and you figure out if you want to stay living in this manner. If you are just venting, okay, too. You have to make you number one.

Love & Hugs,
Old 03-18-2012, 06:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Your SO sounds like a real sh!thead. can you kick him out the door until he learns to speak to you with love and respect? he doesn't deserve the title of significant other....because he sounds like a very big bully.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

SoberRed, please have faith in yourself and believe you are worth a good life, with no abuse involved. You can move on from this relationship and situation and live the life you deserve.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Soberred, I'm sorry but he sounds like a real a**hole. You are trying to do this wonderful, positive thing with your life and are getting nothing but crap from him. You are worth so much more. I hope you can see that. Don't give him the satisfaction of seeing you hurt and broken; keep going for YOU. And when you feel strong enough after some sobriety under your belt, give him the heave ho. You deserve better, and there are certainly WAY better out there waiting for you.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Don't let your self worth be defined by another person (particularly some ahole @ 5:00 a.m.).

I'm glad you don't have a gun in the house, especially since it could be pointed in two different directions. Nothing good could come of that.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sobered,you hang in there, just because this person needs to run you down to make himself feel better is not something you should take ownership of. You cant possibly believe the things this person says. It sounds like he wants you to fail so you wont leave him.
Quote:“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” – Oscar Wilde
I think this person is jealous of you and wants to hold you down, Dont let him.
Good thoughts to you sobered, we're in your corner. Berndog
Old 03-18-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Zee

Go and tell your SO to SO! (Sod Off)!
Old 03-18-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

'Don't let your self worth be defined by another person (particularly some ahole @ 5:00 a.m.).'

Well exactly!