Notices

should i go tonight ?

Old 03-03-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

should i go tonight ?

I really feel ill right now mentally and there is an open AA meeting tonight that i wanted to go with my husband , he said i should go , but am worried ill do something bad there or mistake someone for one of the spies as i have mistaking my husband as one of them before and ended up threatening him with a hammer ...i wont be taking any weapons with me or anything like that and my husband is going to be sitting with me as well .
I just worried that am going to act weird or something.
I do need a meeting tonight because am struggling a lot right now.
My husband isnt aware of how bad am struggling but is aware that mentally am not good

Old 03-03-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Do you trust your husband enough to let him know how much you're struggling? Maybe start there. If you are truly worried about acting on the thoughts you might have, can you listen to some speaker tapes online, or find an online meeting to join? I sure hope you get the support you need. I think it's good to recognize, however, that it might not be the safest option for you to attend an in-person meeting. Does anyone at the meeting know of your mental health struggles?
Old 03-03-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Earth Child

I have told my husband am struggling , he said i should go and i feel the same i should go
No one at the AA meeting knows of my mental health...i havent been there for a while now ...so i dont know who will be there or not
There is one person who knows i have mental health problems but don't know about the voices and the delusions am having ...as i have seen her in months .
Old 03-03-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Forgive me. However, it sounds like you may need more than a meeting to "cure what ails you". If you are threatening anyone with a hammer...it may be time for professional help. A doctor, a psychiatrist. Based on my PERSONAL experience...this isnt "normal" thinking. It sounds like you have true paranioa. Good news it can be treated and you will feel better if you are willing to go. JUST MY OPINION.
I wish you the best.

Last edited by Mo S; 03-03-2012 at 06:35 AM. Reason: typos
Old 03-03-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Earth Child

I have seen a psych since that happened and am on medication for it
am more calmer now and but i don't feel able to go by myself .
thankfully this is an open meeting the last meeting i was at was a closed one and i found that really hard to cope with
Old 03-03-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You did fine last time...And you got something out of it..Enough you want to go back...Sure you should go...Bring your husband...It could be good for both of you...You'll get more comfortable the more times you go and start to get to know these people...Enjoy it...
Old 03-03-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

My friend, F, who has 27 years of continuous sobriety, also has voices inside of her head. Yesterday she let me know they weren't trying to hurt her or anyone else. I guess I'm saying that you are not the only person who hears those voices. I don't know if they sound the same, but they are there. Somehow, she also said for the time she is in a meeting, they are pretty quiet, and that is priceless to her. And if you are more comfortable with your husband by your side, have him come with you. No one has ever asked me to leave if I don't show my invisible AA identification card!

I wish you well today.
Love, hugs, & peace,
Old 03-03-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can go and if you feel overwhelmed, just leave.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Am going to go with my husband i called the crisis team and they told me to take some extra medication and see how i go
i think ill be ok as long as my husband is with me
Old 03-03-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Have a great meeting...
Old 03-03-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

DarkAsylum, I can't imagine the courage it takes for you to do this. I am humbled by you, you should be very proud of yourself. Well done. Please post and let us know what happened at your meeting.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Just back from the meeting it was a women 2nd birthday today so she shared
I sat with my husband and me and my husband had cross words to each other before the meeting started over where i wanted to sit ( i dont like people sitting in front of me and my husband wants to sit at the back
)
apart from that nothing else happened i got a 1 month chip as well and the people there where really nice , but there was no one i recognized from the last time i went there
Old 03-03-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats on one month...That's awesome..I'm glad the people were nice...You got your chip...You should be happy....Did your husband like the meeting?
Old 03-03-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Earth Child

he said that it made him sleepy but he didnt get much sleep last night he said its good as long as it is helping me
Old 03-03-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That's nice to see he's willing to support you...That's important for you..I'm glad you like them...
Old 03-03-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Way to go on one month DA!

At first, I really didn't want to go to meetings either. Now I very much look forward to going.

Hang in there.

God bless.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Is your psychiatrist aware that your hallucinations/delusions are not controlled?
Old 03-03-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Yes he is aware of it i take medication but it only helps a little
I had to call the crisis team tonight and they told me to take extra medication.
But medication can only do so much the rest is up to me...i have to learn to distract myself from them and be mindful as well
I just got a book on mindfulness that if i can concentrate i can read it it will help me understand it better and be able to understand myself as well
Old 03-03-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are looking into things to make yourself better DA...And I'm glad you like the meetings and get something out of them...Congrats again on your 30 day chip!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

hugs to you DA