Notices

My 1st AA Meeting

Old 02-11-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Way to go Shane - that's the way to do it. We need all the support we can get. I was open to trying pretty much anything to achieve what I wanted....and that was to get sober!

Whatever it takes - I wanted it bad enough = action
Old 02-11-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thx for all the support. SR has helped me a lot and been a great resource during this transition, from darkness to light, in my life.

Went to 2nd meeting tonight. Was a smaller group, more geared towards younger folks, but some familiar faces from last night. I introduced myself at beginning, then kept waiting for right time to share with group. At about minute 55, I forced myself to share part of my story as to how I got there. (Ive posted it here in old posts). Felt great after sharing for first time and got lots of support (and clapping). I plan to keep going back to these same Fri & Sat night meetings for forseeable future. Just learning about the whole Steps/Sponsor relationship...Im not religious so I gotta admit Im hesitant there, but will try it out and see how it works for me. Also going to keep open about weeknight meetings...really is easy and helpful once you go that 1st time!
Old 02-12-2012, 12:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Great job Shane.....I just want you to do me one HUGE favor. Get the word "religious" out of your mind...Forget it...And replace it with "spiritual". They are two completely different animals. I'm glad you shared and enjoyed the meeting....What can I say...Keep coming back.