Notices

BMOSW instead of BYOB

Old 02-01-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question BMOSW instead of BYOB

I was invited to a friends birthday party recently & she responded back to me by telling me (BYOB - Bring your own booze) to which I replied I will (BMOSW - Bring my own sparking water) she lol'd & gets it.

I also had one person at the party ask about why I am drinking sparkling water in an open group chat to which I replied "why aren't you asking about which snacks & chips I am eating too?"

It was the first thing that came to my mind & then there was a slight pause & some friendly laughter from friends that know my situation... needless to say the subject was dropped after this.

Anyway... thought it was kind of funny & very true at the same time, I mean why do some care what fluids I am ingesting lol. I am comfortable saying I don't drink & leaving it at that but cant help the automatic responses when they come haha ;-)

Enjoyed myself at the party & left a little early to avoid the drunk talk that was going to come later on :rotfxko Kind of ironic in many ways too.

So great to be sober & be able to laugh at ourselves & feel the pride of our accomplishment of being sober That and getting up early the next day hangover free & feeling awesome

Has anyone ever found themselves having funny/witty or unusual responses to others that have questioned you on your drink of choice or sobriety? If so please share.

P.S. I know this is a life of death situation for most of us, just curious if anyone had found themselves in similar situations & how they responded. Thanks ~ NB
Old 02-01-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

[QUOTE]I also had one person at the party ask about why I am drinking sparkling water in an open group chat to which I replied "why aren't you asking about which snacks & chips I am eating too?"[/QUOTE]

good for you! that person was being nosey and your response was right on.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I told someone who wouldn't let up that I was a pregnant alcoholic...boy did I get some laughs out of that!! I love your response...very witty!