Notices

Phantom Hangovers

Old 01-30-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JEANS

Phantom Hangovers

I've been sober for just over a month and although I'm feeling a lot better and have a clear head I'm still not feeling great in the morning.

I used to drink most nights of the week but I always drank really heavy at weekend because I wasn't working. When I became sober I thought I'd get my weekends back and wouldn't be sat in bed all day with a bucket to throw up into. It is better now but at weekends I'm waking up with a fuzzy feeling brain and I feel irritable, moody and shattered. I literally sit on the couch all day drifting in and out of sleep. I can barely do anything my body is so exhausted.

I'm wondering if this is a part of becoming sober and it gets better as time goes on? I didn't drink that much in comparison to most people so I can't understand why I feel so awful still.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

I'm feeling what you just described as I type this. How are your dinners? I think there is something to the hypoglycemic (for more info google or search this website) thing. Last time I did this I found exercise, avoiding complex carbs as well as high sugar fruits/drinks helped a lot early on. Could be you body/brain chemistry is still adjusting as well. There is some great info on this site re: Paws and Kindling, that make a lot of sense to me. Hope you feel better.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dehydration can seem an awful lot like hangovers too

do you drink a lot of coffee? drink enough water? have the heat on high? a lot of blankets on the bed?

D
Old 01-30-2012, 11:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

See a doctor if you are worried. Having said that I went through so many strange things in the first few months, and things didn't really settle down for six months. It is only recently that my energy and motivation is back on a more consistent basis at just over 8 months.

Hang in there, getting the toxin out of your body is the first step. You then have to heal.

Back in black
I hit the sack
I've been too long I'm glad to be back
Yes I'm, let loose
From the noose
That's kept me hanging about
I keep looking at the sky
'Cause it's gettin' me high
Forget the herse 'cause I'll never die
I got nine lives
Cat's eyes
Usin' every one of them and running wild

'Cause I'm back
Yes, I'm back
Well, I'm back
Yes, I'm back
Well, I'm back, back
(Well) I'm back in black
Yes, I'm back in black
Old 01-31-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JEANS

Thanks for the responses guys. I recon I'm not drinking enough water and I am eating and craving tons of sugary snacks.

I'll just give it time and try to be a little healthier without pushing myself too hard.

Am loving the back in black lyrics, that is my all time favourite song
Old 01-31-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah, give it time and try to be patient. I agree with instant..it took me awhile to feel good, too. I was reeeeally tired, too..and I'd cry for no reason. Good luck and congrats on your month!