Notices

One drink will set me in motion to be right were I was.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Awesome job BecomingSober

Well its Feb. and all is well.

The new job is going great and getting used to being up at 6am. And feeling good and strong is sobriety but the other morning had a good reading and meditation. So I thought I would share. Its about those thoughts we get about picking up a drink and how soon we can forgot how bad things were. For after some time and I become clear and feeling good in the past I would think about having a drink and the pleasure of it. The temporary escape from any boredom, or extra happiness, or even the people at the bar.But what I didnt think about then was the letdown after, the hangovers, the money, the remorse, and just the guilt of starting all over again and being a failure. So in other words in that moment I would think of that first drink or two and all the pleasures, without thinking it through. And to realize in a matter a days to a couple weeks I could destroy everything I have worked so hard to achieve. But I am so grateful to AA and SR that I do think through those crazy thoughts. And it does become easier and way less often.

With that all I have to get to a meeting. Everyone take it one day and moment at a time.

Good love, Inda
Old 02-05-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Today is going to be day 8. This will be my first weekend free for a long time-several years or more. I am uncomfortable, but can't quite put my finger on it. Restless. Interestingly I can't sleep very well and wake up constantly although last night was better. Kind of think this is my particular withdrawal. In all honesty, part of me will be thrilled to get through my first weekend. However, I know harder times may be ahead of me.

But I kind of think I "saw the light", had the "Ah Hah" moment. Or finally "GET IT" which someone posted here. Also I found this site 8 days ago! I take a look everyday.
Lucy