Notices

A wonderful trip to Dr. Bob's. :)

Old 01-20-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

A wonderful trip to Dr. Bob's. :)

Hello and good afternoon SR friends and family.

What a awesome morning and day so far for this man that only lived to drink for years and years. I just arrived back home from our trip down to Dr. Bob's house this cold morning. Every couple months my sponsor and I take any newcomers from his home group and mine down there to enjoy a morning. And then head over to the cemetery and then a little breakfast before our trip home. It truly is a magical day each and every time.

I am so blessed to be here surrounded with the AA history. My home group is 65 years old. And my fellowship consists of these awesome men and women who kept these doors open for myself to come and learn how to live life. I not only get to read the history I get to hear it first hand from some of the people that truly lived it. I have met and talk to men that worked with Bill W. Men who worked with and got sober through Sister Ignatia . Its so surreal when I get a chance to listen and talk with these people about how it really was in the beginnings here in Cleveland and Akron. And what the years have happened.

For these men and women give me the chance to come to AA and be done with lying, hangovers, remorse,and spending every effort and dime I have on feeding my misery. For when I was drinking I was barley alive, and now trying to live a decent , honest , unselfish, life. I am now finally truly living with and for something. I do honestly feel that I was saved from the death or nursing home by my Higher Power, so I can be a service to the world and myself. So the question today was "Am I convinced , that no matter how much fun I got of drinking, that life never was as good as the life I can build in AA."

YES ,no doubt .Especially the last several years just were no fun anymore drinking , only drank to survive or so I thought.

Everyone have a wonderful sober day. And any newcomers or people struggling with it or relapsing . "Dont give up till the miricale happens. "

Good love, Inda:day6
Old 01-20-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the look into the AA in your area. Making those trips and getting to talk with the members you have as examples sounds great.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a wonderful positive post. Thank you for sharing......
Old 01-20-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love your post Dylan..so inspiring! Sounds like you have had a wonderful day with good friends and you are being a service to others..that is what life is all about, helping and loving one another! That is how we truly learn to love ourselves
Big hugs!
Old 01-20-2012, 04:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Awww thank you Belle

Well off to a meeting , way to finish a wonderful day. And walk home in the snow strom.

See you in chat ,
Old 01-20-2012, 04:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's awesome Inda. I need to read up more on Dr. Bob and Bill W. and the humble beginnings of our program.
I know some guys that have gone to Akron to visit Bill W's house. They say it's an awesome experience.

Thanks for sharing that.

God bless.