Notices

Day 7 Last nights gig didn't throw me off

Old 01-14-2012, 12:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7 Last nights gig didn't throw me off

I can't tell you how great it is to wake up after a gig and not feel like death. I've been here before but very few and far between. The problem for me is always that Friday night binge, then I wake up Saturday mull around the house, stay in bed keeping the windows covered and the sun out. Then head out to Saturday nights gig and immediately have a shot and a beer to get through the night. Hair of the dog. Last night was great. A really successful gig playing to my full potential. I didn't spend have (if not more) of what I earned at the bar. The biggest beauty is not having to pick up my pieces in the morning. I know where my phone is, I know I came home with all my equipment, (there were nights I even left my fiddle in the bar). I have always made light of it when I said I am constantly picking up my bread crumbs. I know I am not out of the woods yet, but I do know the difference of how I feel now. Its like going into battle every time I go to play but in some sick way I am enjoying the challenge. I am just grateful to have some amazing support with the people I play with, my parents (who go to every gig they possibly can), and my husband (who is also a professional musician). If there is anyone out there that is in my position I am determined to prove that it is possible to hold down a career in music and not drink.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is wonderful! Congratulations!!
Old 01-14-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Awesome Cat

Keep up the sober jammin

Good love, Inda
Old 01-14-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It is a great feeling Cat - now if only you had roadies...

D
Old 01-15-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I recently went to an open mike night at the local Alano club here. It was awesome to hear people playing and singing sober. Many were so nervous but they all sounded so good. Celebrate every victory. This is a great victory.