Notices

Introductions & 90 day goal.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back calistoga

yeah I definitely had to make more changes in my life than just not drinking.

I need to have a sober life that fulfills me and that I'm happy in...I need to be ok with who I am

D
Old 01-28-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

your advice about focusing on just one day at a time really resonates with me right now. I think it's good advice for me for many things beyond just drinking thank you!

I've been a lot less stressed out that I'm focusing on just want's in front of me right now. Seems obvious, but I didn't full 'get' that until recently. The next few weeks will be a good opportunity to practice this.

And on that note, off to work!
Old 01-28-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

I always knew I was a heavy heavy drinker, but I don't think I ever really thought of myself as an alcoholic until I tried to quit. That is to say, I didn't realize the full grip the addiction had on my life until I tried to loosen myself from it. It sounds like maybe you are discovering the same.

Have you considered seeing a counselor/therapist? It sounds like you are a very self reflective person, like myself. I have found it very helpful to have a consistent outside opinion on my depression, moods and addictions. It also sounds like you were self medicating for a while, so you may have some issues that could bear talking out with another person in depth.

Best wishes,
Old 01-28-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Way to go on making all of these realizations yourself. Your positivity is very inspiring You can do it!!