Notices

Making better choices in 2012

Old 01-02-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Making better choices in 2012

I joined this site last June and managed 3 months dry, then the old devil voice came back - " you're on holiday, you can have a drink and keep it under control". What LIES, 2 months later another attempt, successful for a few weeks and then back to the bottle until 2 days ago (yay!).
In that time I have publicly disgraced myself several times, including smashing my face up by falling flat on it when lost in a blackout on the London tube after a few after work drinks, been warned about losing my job, watched my alcoholic ex husband start to drink again after 5 years of sobriety and felt unable to say a thing about it....oh I could go on and on.
Quite frankly I thank the Lord for keeping me alive to even see 2012.
I have another chance - this time I cannot listen to the lies. My life depends on it.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Westie - you can do it this time and leave all those bad days far behind you. I gave it up after drinking my whole adult life - and I know you can, too. You're not alone in this - we all understand how you're feeling, and we're on your side.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have another chance - this time I cannot listen to the lies. My life depends on it.
I remember the day I realised that too...
Welcome back westiegirl

D