Notices

travelling to visit family

Old 12-15-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile travelling to visit family

I just left to Germany to visit family over Christmas. Yes Christmas is a big trigger for me.but I tought being over the 10 month hurdle I shouldtry. I arrived this morning and went to see my mom.The 1st thing that happended since she is a smoker the smell triggered my allergic reaction.Lol.and if it is not worth I started having a sore throat. Now it is 4.30am in the morning and I am up drinking tee, trying to breath.
Before I would always sit here having a drink and I am thinking:how could I have done this? My desire to take a drink left completly. I am soooooo glad about this.There will be eetings with old friends etc, and allof theme xpect me to drink, however I have a good excuse, I am takig allergy meds, so drinking is a big nono.And guess what, all my friends told me they still want to meet and I should stay with water. Some actually told me they will reinforce this in case I get tempted drinking.
Isn't life sober great?
I am so much healthier, aware of things, balanced.I do never want to go back to my miserable drinking life.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good break SASA

D
Old 12-15-2011, 08:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Weird, Same thing happened to me today, I walked into this house and something but not smoke, but something I smelled and my throat started itching and my eyes watered, then I started coughing and I was really freaked out, I have a sore throat now, I am glad I read your post, I bet it’s an allergic reaction.

Anyway, I am just at the 10 months mark too and Christmas is something I have to deal with, a little nervous but I think I’ll be fine…
Stay Strong,
Have a great trip!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I could never be in a home that people smoke in, I'd end up on breathing treatments! Lol. Glad it is not tempting to drink and I hope you enjoy your friends and family! The holidays can be crazy so come here if it gets hard. I know I will.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

it is funny, I am trying to think how I could have drunk and stayed in the smoking enviromnment. I must have severly damaged my body.
And thank you all.I hope I will see you allsober after Christmas....
Old 12-15-2011, 08:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
a southern belle

hey sasa...i am so happy for you. i hope you have an extraordinary holiday with family and friends. its funny, i quit smoking 15 days ago and i realized right away that my allergies cleared up. wow...i have smoked for 40 years and never knew it was making my nose run day and night every day! good luck with your allergies i totally understand. mags