Notices

~ Day 6 ~ Feeling Positive

Old 12-13-2011, 05:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

~ Day 6 ~ Feeling Positive

So I made it to day 6. Except for the weekend it hasnt been to bad. Everytime Im feeling like caving in I hit the gym. Ive lost 10 pounds in less than a week (Probably mostly water weight due to water retention) and thats eating normal and exercising just cutting down on the carbs. Its motivating me to see that clothes are starting to fit nice again. Had a physical done because I was paranoid about the effects the alcohol had on my liver and kidneys but other than some dehydration the damage isnt irrepairable. I had been drinking for the last 3 years and Id say heavily the last 2. So im eating lots of greens and protein as the Doc said it helps the liver to recuperate. Amazing how much weight and bloating the alcohol had put on my body not to mention the wine made me borderline diabetic I just found out. Its runs in my family and at 33 years old this is scaring me. I know theres still a long way to go but Im feeling great and healthier than I have in quite some time.

It seems the weekends are the hardest because I am just noticing now how Alcohol is EVERYWHERE!! I mean I see it on Billboards, tv shows, in movies, commercials, at any social gathering I attend, I never really noticed what an influence and impact it has on society. I even went bowling and there was a bar!! So for now Im skipping the christmas parties, clubs and bars. I am honest with myself and Im not strong enough to be around it right now. Not sure if I ever will be. I do hope everyone has a productive week and stays positive, its true what everyone says all you can do is take it one day at a time.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling well!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

day 7

[]Clean and sober. I have been here before however I know the journey all the tools I have learned in the past. Surrendering many times in my life. I feel that my attention on surrendering is based on God and doing the right thing. I am 47 and be doing the addiction on and off sinse I was 12 that s along time of heartache and alot of trauma that I am just now dealing with. I get alot of help through reading and studying Gods word in the bible and also attending AA even though I dont like meetings that much. I have done the sponsor deal too however this time I want to have a Christian mentor/sponsor. Going to a meeting sometime today. Getting sober during the hoildays never would of thought that! December 6 is my soberity date.
Its been rough for me getting to sleep and not letting my mind torment the hell out of me Gosh sleepless nights are tough. So during day I am already exhausted. Looking forward to restful sleeping once again. I am keeping it VERY SIMPLE this time around and by that staying in the Word going to mmtgs and praying all the time. Willing to take any suggestions....
Thanks Dana
Old 12-13-2011, 09:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you got checked out by the doctor. And congratulations on six days.

Keep it up, things will only get better!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on six days sober. It will get better and you will get stronger.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's 1 week today for me as well. I was getting a tingly feeling in my extremities (alcoholic neuropathy). Prior to my past week every morning I would wake up hungover and say "I need to quit". Today I woke up feeling great. Sleeping has gotten better, where as I'm not waking up during the night dehydrated or having to go to the bathroom. Hold on to the positives. Peace.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It seems the weekends are the hardest because I am just noticing now how Alcohol is EVERYWHERE!! I mean I see it on Billboards, tv shows, in movies, commercials, at any social gathering I attend, I never really noticed what an influence and impact it has on society. I even went bowling and there was a bar!! So for now Im skipping the christmas parties, clubs and bars. I am honest with myself and Im not strong enough to be around it right now. Not sure if I ever will be. I do hope everyone has a productive week and stays positive, its true what everyone says all you can do is take it one day at a time.
Boy do I hear you on this! Can't even go to CVS where I get my meds to be healthy without walking by an end-cap full of wine! Gesh! It's CVS for the love of GAWD! It's not safe anywhere anymore. LOL

Congrats on the 6days! Evenings and weekends are a really hard time for me as well. It does help that I have someone that is supportive with me and won't drink around me or allow it in the house. Can't even go on FB without looking to the right at some dumb wine ad either! Okay, so obviously I relate! LOL
Old 12-13-2011, 11:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats MadameX
It's my Day 6 too!
Awesome