Notices

Made it through

Old 12-04-2011, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it through

Feeling heavy anxiety.. its to be expected.. The constant heavy breathing and weight on my chest gets to be unbearable which is actually the hardest part.. Every time it comes on strong and takes like a week of pure hell to get over but at least I am on my way..
Old 12-04-2011, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ed,

That is right. You have to go through what you have to go through to get to the other side. I am sorry that you have to go through all of this though.

Remember how the first week feels the next time you are tempted.

You know the drill. You are living in the solution instead of the problem. Why don't you do something nice for yourself.....a good meal maybe? Take care.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EDHARLEY View Post
... and weight on my chest gets to be unbearable which is actually the hardest part.. Every time it comes on strong
ugh, i know that feeling. it usually hits around dinner time. It hit me last nite. You're right, it is strong. Facing this stuff take a lot of courage.

“He who conquers others is strong; He who conquers himself is mighty”. -LaoTzu
Old 12-04-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ed-

I agree with Sissy the first week is always hell, you are dealing with physical issues as well as mental. Now that I have some time under my belt whenever I think about drinking I always tell myself "Remember the first week you quit and how bad it sucked." It works to motivate me every time.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ed - I hear you - my time is the early evenings - stick with it - we're here for you.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your posts

Trying breathing exercises, wont touch coffee and trying to think positive.. The anxiety is the worst part and always leads to a relapse.. Trying to focuse and am going to go for a two hour walk in a minute.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Walking is great! Not just for the exercise, but for the mind as well! You're on your way Ed, and you don't have to look back! Keep your focus.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Hang in there Ed.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I work out early in the morning but that is the one time of the day that I never seem to have the "early sobriety blues". I got in the habit when I was a drunk so I could have the whole day to drink. I'm thinking about switching gym time to later in the day when I'm typically climbing the walls.

I've got a serious love/hate thing going with coffee now. I swear I'm not going to "quit" anything until I feel better in my sobriety but java makes me want to jump out of my skin sometimes. Water is good. I've been doing some green tea as well. It does seem to calm my anxiety....
Old 12-04-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Originally Posted by gaffo View Post
I work out early in the morning but that is the one time of the day that I never seem to have the "early sobriety blues". I got in the habit when I was a drunk so I could have the whole day to drink. I'm thinking about switching gym time to later in the day when I'm typically climbing the walls.

I've got a serious love/hate thing going with coffee now. I swear I'm not going to "quit" anything until I feel better in my sobriety but java makes me want to jump out of my skin sometimes. Water is good. I've been doing some green tea as well. It does seem to calm my anxiety....
You make a good point, it's important to know when our low points are. For me, if i stay up too late at night I inevitably get lonely, start feeling sorry for myself, etc. Solution? Go to bed earlier.