Notices

Been here for a month in hiding...

Old 12-02-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Welcome snowbawl!!! I decided not to drink ever again 5 years ago. I've never looked back. I am so glad you're here!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 11:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
LSZ

Ghostlight,

Can you tell me about the improvements that occurred because of the 23 months? Have you lost weight? Do you feel good? Is your mood better? Outlook on life different? Sincerely interested. When I was ten years sober I was a fundamentalist Christian. About a decade ago I decided through much turmoil that I felt the Bible was not a work of a God, and then I became an atheist. I think I was able to not drink when I felt like I was doing it for "Christ" at that time. As an atheist, I returned to something I love before I was a "beleiver", that is beer. I am very glad to not beleive in God (and I am not trying to offend anyone who does, please dont take it that way, I'm sure someone will) but I am not glad, nor was I expecting that beer would grab such a hold. And the problem is I really do like it. I don't even enjoy my other habits as much without the beer. (For instance, I am a sports junkie, and I used to just watch games and Sportscenter with my 6 pack regularly after a long day at work.)

I want to hear about your 23 months because I am hoping it encourages me to want to keep going.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

LSZ,

in a few words, I feel great! No anxiety, no fear and my life has changed dramaticaly.
I just don't want to hijack this thread. So, in a word- wonderful. Took me awhile, but I'm making it, one day at a time.

Best to you, and I really hope you find sobriety.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It is officially day 7! I'm still without a drop a alcohol which makes me feel great. However, I had to work this morning Sat. and I woke up with a headache that almost resmembles a hangover....???? I haven't been sober this long in over 3 years which is also nice but why the hangover headache when IM SOBER!? Just curious if anyone out there has experienced the same thing after a week with no drink?
Old 12-03-2011, 09:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I've seen a lot of posts about people having headaches in the first weeks of sobriety. I don't remember whether I had them or not - I think I was just glad I was getting the migraines anymore that I got when I was drinking.

I felt good after detoxing, but then discovered I still had some residual symptoms that took more time to resolve. According to the medical folks, we can still see improvements after a year or more.

Hope you start to feel better soon!