Notices

This is probably my last chance to change

Old 11-28-2011, 08:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is probably my last chance to change

Hi everyone . This site has been my only way of even having a chance to be a sober, normal person. I read posts every day to remind myself that im not the only one with problems with this evil disease called alcoholism. I have been drinking most of my adult life and I have accepted that I can not control myself. I had 28 days sober in September, but ,as usual, something stressful made me pick up where I left off. So, the past 2 months has put me in a mental state worse than ever. Probably because I thought with 28 days, I qas able to finally lick this. But, I.couldnt be any more wrong. This time, my anxiety is making me almost nonfunctional. Ive turned angry at everything. I feel like hope is nonexistant....unless I.do something different this time to keep me from starting all over again. Im on day 2 and I am praying God will have my back this tme. I have no idea what type of support to seek.other.than this wonderful site. Im a single mom with no family around, so im not able to go to meetings. I tend to become reclusive and thats when I start drinking again. Any suggestions of how to stay sober with very limited options? Thanks....
-Lisa
Old 11-28-2011, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Bella,

There is a meeting on here at 9pm EST.
Also, some places have AA meetings where children are welcome. Maybe you could look in to that?
Congrats on your two days sober.

Take care
Old 11-28-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. I will look into child friendly meetings. I do appreciate your response
Old 11-28-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Bella and Welcome,

I think what you have found is that stopping drinking doesn't solve the whole problem. When we stop drinking, we have to make changes in our lives, sometimes big changes. There were a few people in my life who were toxic and had to go, I started taking long walks every evening and that helped on many levels, and I accepted that drinking was no longer an option. Once I did that, my mind started finding healthy ways to deal with life.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Bella and welcome. There's a lot of resources out there but you've made the biggest step. Stopped drinking. Just keep not drinking and looking for help/ direction and you'll find it. We're here for support as well.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome, Bella! Keep reading and posting. This site is helping me save myself. Congratulations for making the decision to stop drinking now. You don't want to know what your bottom is.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

6 days is the longest I was sober. Honestly the best days of the whole year. Im struggling to restart my sobriety period...
Old 11-28-2011, 10:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

This is about saving your life. Grab some quiet toys, coloring books & crayons and get to a meeting. Give your kids a few guidelines, sit and listen with an open mind!

search: aa city state

Best wishes on staying stopped!
Old 11-28-2011, 01:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Bella

I agree with Anna - stopping drinking is just the beginning not the end - I had to make a lot of changes in my life...I was basically a very different person drinking than who I am now sober, so it kinda makes sense my life had to change too.

We get as many chances as we want to give ourselves I think, but I really hope you won't need any more chances, Bella.

Good luck again with your appointment

D
Old 11-28-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome back, Bella!

I'm a single mom, too..... it's not easy to do it all, I know. I honestly don't know how I held on to drinking for so long, though - it made everything so much harder.

Now you know that the idea of just having a "few" just isn't possible for us (not for long, anyway), you can use that to keep you motivated and working on recovery. You deserve it and your kids do, too!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I love the name Bella.
Bella, love yourself more than you love your addiction.. and love your children. Go to this website, listen, and learn. You are Worth Sobriety...do it now, before you get disapointed in loosing your children's memories...make beautiful memories with them....sober...
xoxoxo