Notices

Day 6

Old 11-27-2011, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

I made it through another day! I love waking up in the middle of the night kind of groggy and remembering that I have nothing to regret, not guilt!
I slept 9 hours last night (alot for me) and work up with a dull headache and still tired. I have also been feeling a little off yesterday and this morning, kind of unsettled and not as great as I did on days 2 and 3.
Then I started realizing how I never make it past 6 o7 days without drinking. There must be something in my body and my brain at that point with no alcohol- whether it's just that I forget how crappy I used to feel, or just my body adjusting- that sets the stage for me to cave and drink again. Because it's almost like I say to myself , "I don't feel that great anyway, so why bother with all of this?".
Anyway, I am determined to make this time different, so I think recognizing it is a step in the right direction. I'm not going to listen to that voice this time, I WANT to be sober and clear headed. These 6 days that I haven't drank have been during my time off work, so I had LOTS of free time, and still managed. Tomorrow I head back to work and a hectic schedule of running kids around, etc..., I am thinking that it will be easier, but then again, I don't want to set myself up, all the stress just may make it more difficult!
Either way, I am not giving this up, this is how life should be, and it's only going to get better.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow. That means tomorrow will be a week. That's great. Yes just keep rembering what the hangovers are like and the middle of the night dry mouth. Stick with it you will do it this time.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post... Glad you are feeling better...Keep it up!
Old 11-27-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

keep it going TTC

D
Old 11-27-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

keep it going TTC

D