Notices

New to this site- Not new to Addiction

Old 11-20-2011, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to this site- Not new to Addiction

Hello everyone. So I've read posts on this site for years and have finally decided to join and take advantage of whats actually here. I'm basically over it and do not know how to climb out of this opiate addiction. I went to rehab before back in 2007 and managed to stay clean for about 6 months. Once I started using heavily again I decided to ask my mom for help once again and try the suboxone route. That kept me mostly clean(at least off of opiates) for a year and a half until I was drug tested at a doctor appointment and got kicked out of the program. So needless to say I have been back in my addiction and i am at my bottom. I have managed to keep the same job for nearly four years and I get most of my bills paid but they are always late. My family thinks I have been clean for a couple of years now when in reality I've been at my lowest of lows. I'm always depressed, I've turned into a loner, and I rarely visit my family (who live a couple hours away). My family is everything to me and I am not sure how to beg for the help I need. I'm afraid they will disown me but I have no savings account and no health insurance so I cannot afford rehab again. My mom could definitely pay for it but she has told me before that she wouldn't be able to go through this all again if I ever chose to go down this path. Does anyone have suggestions about what I should do? I have a 7 year old dog who is my world and my baby so I am also worried about what would happen to her if I went to rehab again. But I'm open to any and all suggestions. I have all my friends and family and co-workers fooled into thinking that my life is fine and dandy so I really don't know who to turn to. I can feel it in my body and heart that I'm going to die if I don't get proper help soon and i am only 31 years old! So if anyone knows a free facility to turn to or how I should go about asking for help please let me know! Thanks for allowing me to ramble!
Old 11-20-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

It's not necessary to go to rehab to recover from addiction, but the Salvation Army does offer free rehab to anyone who wants it.

http://www.uss.salvationarmy.org/uss/www_uss_ktn.nsf

Personally, if your mother told you she would not be involved again, I would not go back to her now and ask for more help. At some point, when you are on the road to recovery, you might want to share what you've been going through, when the time is right.

Talking to your family dr could be a good place to start. He would give you his advice on how to get through this.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi OverItAgain

I'm not familiar with opiates I'm afraid - but have you tried a recovery group like NA, SMART, LifeRing or an approach like Rational Recovery?

It might be something to consider if nothing else has worked?

You might also like to check out our substance abuse forum

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 11-20-2011, 04:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for responding. I'll def look into some of these options. I appreciate the feedback and kindness. Although I know rehab is the only thing that will get me in the right frame of mind and allow me to detox (which is very painful physically And emotionally) if you don't know how hard opiate abuse are on a person. So thanks again. Just knowing someone hears me is a big help!