Notices

Friday afternoon's

Old 11-11-2011, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friday afternoon's

Here we go again... Fell off the wagon after a nice 4 month ride. Never felt better in my life - being sober that is. Made the mistake of thinking a couple of beers on the weekend wouldn't be a problem. Well now it is 4:15, i am sitting in my office, thinking about packing up to head home with nothing by drinking on my mind. I am committed to not drinking this weekend. The last couple of months I have wasted every weekend with binge drinking... Figured i would post my commitment on here... Wish you all a happy sober weekend!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that the only way to stop the obsessive thoughts is to know for sure that drinking is not an option.

Enjoy your weekend!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

Weekends were difficult for me to get over. The last hurdle. It helped me thinking it would be OK for things to be "ordinary", that I didn't have to try to accentuate the good times.

I also am working very hard to train myself to see the "specialness" in what I previously thought was "mundane". For me this began with focusing on my sensory experience and less on my emotions and my "evaluation" of what was going on. It's amazing what you can feel through your feet ! I now cherish my vision, through initially entertaining myself by noting reflective surfaces and perspective as a way of coping with urges etc in the first week of withdrawal.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Jimmy

D
Old 11-11-2011, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yea it’s Friday and the thoughts do come at times, my wife is out with a few friends and I can’t help but to think it would be nice to hang with some friends, most of my friends drink and we have had good times in the past, it is a hard thought to process.

Well, looks like a trip to the store for some chocolate, and this old sober guy (43) is going to get deep into some Call of Duty MW3 and get his butt kicked, drinking was only fun for the first couple hours anyway when it was fun, in the end it wasn’t fun at all but I kept chasing the high that didn’t exist anymore.

When tomorrow comes I will NOT have a hangover, and I will be ready for another day Sober.

As said above, when drinking isn’t an option it isn’t as hard, repeat after me ‘I AM NEVER GOING TO DRINK AGAIN!’

Have a great weekend Sober…
Old 11-11-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Glad you are back Jimmy. Keep logged in and post as much as you need to to get through the weekend. Thanks for sharing your relapse. It helps keep us all strong.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck to you and to all of us this weekend!