Notices

Help with Marijuanna

Old 11-02-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help with Marijuanna

Please help me, I have been smoking pot for 35 years. Morning, noon, night.
I have quit briefly. But never long term. Withdrawl is terrible and i am scared to go through it again. I get sick, nauseas, sweats, cant sleep, eat, angry, just lay on the couch.
I went to the doctor and she gave me some prozac. Will this help with drawl?
I am scared to quit. Please help me
Old 11-02-2011, 04:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you decided to live a sober life.

Did your dr give you the Prozac when you told her about the marijuana? I don't know if it will help with withdrawl, so you should probably call and ask your dr the question.

I know that you can get through this.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome kaliman!

It's pretty normal to be scared - I know I was when I gave up drinking. And there's definitely a period of adjustment, even after withdrawal.

I take Prozac as well and it works for my underlying issues with depression. I agree with Anna about seeing a doctor for the other symptoms. (Maybe someone who specializes in addiction).

Take advantage of the support here, and check out the substance abuse section, too:Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 11-02-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey google progressive muscle relaxation, deep breathing and/or mindfulness meditation. Try to find a way to calm yourself down. Make sure you drink plenty of water and get out and exercise if you can.

The withdrawals from MJ are likely very unpleasant, but not extremely dangerous. Try to ride the waves and you will begin to feel better. I'm on 13 days free from MJ. The withdrawals are the exact opposite of the effects of the drug, but if you can ride it out, it will balance out.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kaliman
I smoked daily for about 30 years too.

I never had any of the physical symptoms you're experiencing when I quit tho - I agree with the others that calling your doctor again is a good idea - at least hopefully it will help put your mind at rest and lessen the anxiety you're feeling

D