Notices

Halloween = 5 months sober

Old 11-01-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Halloween = 5 months sober

Plus it was also our 10 year anniversary, and my partner gave me a home-made book of watercolors that illustrated 10 reasons why he loves me. One of them was that I "can do anything I put my mind to" - illustrated with watercolor circles which represented watermarks from all the drinks I no longer have every night. The book was the best present he ever gave me, and I have to say, my sobriety was the best present I could ever give myself.

I honestly don't miss it much anymore. I can't even say how nice it is to be at home in the afternoon and not be looking at the clock all the time waiting for it to be time for a drink, or having to check every day before I started drinking to make sure there's enough alcohol in the house (had to make sure I didn't run out when I still wanted to keep drinking).

I am running 30 miles a week or so now, and doing a lot more physical activity generally - I can even run first thing in the morning, go figure, no hangover! I enjoy my bedtime ritual with my daughter, instead of wanting to rush through to get back to my cocktail. I remember all my conversations, even those late night phone calls, and remember how and when I get to bed each night. I sleep through the night. I don't grind my teeth anymore.

My skin is clearer, I have lost 15 pounds, and I generally feel healthier - although I do eat some kind of small sweet treat most nights. . .it's my one concession.

I still have crappy days at work, my boyfriend and I still have disagreements (although I like to think I am a bit more reasonable), I still get depressed occasionally, and certainly everything isn't perfect. But it's a HUGE improvement over where I was before.

Thanks to everyone who provided encouragement and support. MUCH appreciated.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post!! Very inspirational
Old 11-01-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post, and YAY for you on 5 months!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-01-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post Daisyifyoudo!

I have a similar amount of time and can really relate to everything you said.

I ran a full marathon...lost a bunch of weight and have been spending so much quality time with my boys these days. It is so nice to be able to do this thing for them...and for me.

Thank you for giving me some perspective to be able to observe how far I have come.

Let's you and me keep this good thing going...shall we?
Old 11-01-2011, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You've got a deal, TippingPoint!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Red face

Congratulations, really inspirational stuff
Old 11-01-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations aDaisy

D