Notices

Sooo Aggrevated!!!

Old 10-31-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Unhappy Sooo Aggrevated!!!

It's my 6th day sober. I am still at the withdrawal part where I am having stress thrown my way and its getting hard to handle. My husband doesnt even want to listen to what I have to say. He has just been yelling at me and hanging up on me and ignoring me. He should understand, seeings as he is a former alcoholic, just he had to quit because he was in prison for a year. All I need is for someone to listen to me vent my frustration and not say "If you wouldn't be so mean and take everything out on me, mother ****er", every other sentence im a mother fu*ker. Then I am asked to fake a smile and act like I am happy. How the hell am I supposed to do that?!?!?! I really wish I could have gotten into treatment, so I didnt hear all the negativity while im trying to stay sober. Today is a trying day for me, but I guess I will push through it, and hopefully, tomorrow wont be so bad. I just want to get the witdrawals over with, and maybe see things a little bit clearer. My head is still foggy, and my feelings have been being hurt all day. I just want to crawl in bed and cry. But, I have to pull it together so I can bring my daughter trick or treating tonight. My first sober Halloween in many years. I wont lie, though. I dont think it will be a pleasant night. Im always the friend that listens, not the friend that vents. Apparently its better just to keep my mouth shut and keep it to myself. Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Dominica))) - I found out that my family wasn't the best ones to vent to when I was first getting into recovery. Even if your husband did stop drinking, it doesn't sound as if it was a choice.

A lot of people go to meetings or counseling (someone with knowledge of addiction background can be invaluable), others get the ES&H (experience, strength and hope) from right here at SR.

I did go to meetings in the past, still use what I learned, but SR is a huge part of my recovery. Some things, family is just "too close" or enmeshed to be able to provide the support. Some don't get addiction, some don't WANT to, and some just don't care if we're struggling.

I've been here to vent, share good and bad times, and people here get it. I hope you find more sources of support. I believe the support of people who understand is really important.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-31-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

You do not necessarily need treatment.

Try some AA meetings.

Check out SMART.

Look into CBT.

Look into AVRT.

Of course, all of the above require YOU TO WORK VERY HARD ON YOU.

The alcohol is but a symptom of much deeper rooted problems. That is where the above mentioned 'programs' can help you to dig deep, root them out, change your way of thinking and acting and come to ENJOY sobriety.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 10-31-2011, 02:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

congrats on your 6 days sober too...you're going to feel better as you push through this..just a few more hours, take your daughter out and then try to relax a little. if your husband is crabby, maybe take a break from talking tonight, go for a walk, get some extra sleep if you can.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Thanks for the input. I am trying, but it has been an absolute struggle. I really am trying to pull through. Thank you, so much.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Dominica

You are on 6 days with all the stress on top. You are doing great.

Stick around here tonight. No one here is going to call you names and we all know first hand how you are feeling at day 6.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dominica2
It is not easy getting sober and very hard to believe it will get better when you are feeling like crap. Believe me it does. The advice about loved or nearly loved ones not understanding what you are going through is sound.
Vent here or AA meetings anywhere, that will help you and not make it worse for you by getting angry. This is not to say your feelings are not valid, it just won't help at this stage and the most important thing right now is your soberity. Fix that and things will fall inot place.

Please hang in there.
CaiHong
Old 10-31-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 6 Dominica!

AoS
Old 10-31-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Foo Fighter.

Hang in there, you'll be right side up in no time.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Domenica, I didn't get support from any family members or friends either. I had told my family numerous times that I was stopping drinking and I failed, so finally I just kept quiet and did it. If you feel a need to vent and no one wants to listen, try journalling. That can really help to get the feelings out.

Congratulations on Day 6!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Dominica I'm glad to see you here tonight and wanted to say congratulations on day 6! I hear you on the struggles. It's not easy especially with stress. But guess what? You're doing it. That's no small thing. And I also promise that I won't call you a mother focker For real.

My first sober Halloween too. Usually I have a bit of a buzz on. It was nice to be clear headed for once.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Well, I took my daughter trick or treating, sober. She was a vampire and I was the queen of hearts (7 inch heels for a 2 mile walk, not a great idea!) lol. I think I will start the journal and just vent here. Im feeling much better now, though. I mean, I guess I might have some anger management issues I have to address and hopefully they will fade with time. I cant wait for the day when I see someone drinking and I control myself not to even get the taste for it. Everyone is right. This disease is patient. It lurks in the back of your mind, forever. So....as always, thank you everyone :o). Heres to day 7!!!!

Old 11-01-2011, 05:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good morning, Dominica. Congrats on six days, and for making it through the stress of yesterday. Hang in there. You are doing well, and for the right reasons.