Notices

Some days

Old 10-21-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Originally Posted by soberred View Post
I have to snap out of this. I have a job interview at 2pm today. It is a great opportunity with the government. Been bawling all morning and my eyes are swollen. Dear God this a horrible feeling.
WOWW Me2 I have an interview today as well, and I cant bear to get out of bed.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mzbee View Post
WOWW Me2 I have an interview today as well, and I cant bear to get out of bed.
Come on mzbee. We can do this. We need this. Even if we don't get a job, we got out and tried. We didn't sit around drinking in regret thinking we weren't good enough for the job. It's a huge step for recovery. We can be each others cheerleader GO US!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Talking

Come on mzbee. We can do this. We need this. Even if we don't get a job, we got out and tried. We didn't sit around drinking in regret thinking we weren't good enough for the job. It's a huge step for recovery. We can be each others cheerleader GO US!!!
Very true. I'm with you I'm going to try too. thank you.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mzbee View Post
Very true. I'm with you I'm going to try too. thank you.
I put some ice packs on my eyes. I'm going to eat a good lunch and take my vitamins, and shake off my blues. I was just thinking. I spend my life catering to the needs of others. I love doing it at my job and it's rewarding. But I have people in my life that I should be able to talk to and express how I am feeling. I can't. It's not aloud. I am lonely even when people are around. No one can relate. I came on here today and people I don't even know shared their concern for me. They knew how I was feeling. Perfect strangers. I think that is awesome. There is more out there for us. We just have to feel worthy enough to except it. We deserve it. Let me know how things go today. I will PM you and let you know how my interview went. Remember, even if we didn't get the job, everyday we use our courage we get stronger. HUGS
Old 10-21-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I put some ice packs on my eyes. I'm going to eat a good lunch and take my vitamins, and shake off my blues. I was just thinking. I spend my life catering to the needs of others. I love doing it at my job and it's rewarding. But I have people in my life that I should be able to talk to and express how I am feeling. I can't. It's not aloud. I am lonely even when people are around. No one can relate. I came on here today and people I don't even know shared their concern for me. They knew how I was feeling. Perfect strangers. I think that is awesome. There is more out there for us. We just have to feel worthy enough to except it. We deserve it. Let me know how things go today. I will PM you and let you know how my interview went. Remember, even if we didn't get the job, everyday we use our courage we get stronger. HUGS
Samee here I broke my back for others so many times and got nothing in return when I needed them. I also know wat its like to to not be allowed to talk about your emotions ..welcome to my world. It's crazy how strangers care more then people I knew my whole life. I agree we all deserve all the good things in life we just need to accept it. Yes let me know how your interview went thanks.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I understand. I feel like I really need someone to talk to, to help me stay sober. can't talk to hubby, he doesn't want to see that I have a problem. have no none drinking friends to talk to. No one stays around after meetings to talk. I heard one of the treatment houses here has an outpatient program. Think I need to see if I can afford it and pay to have someone to talk to.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by horsekisses View Post
I understand. I feel like I really need someone to talk to, to help me stay sober. can't talk to hubby, he doesn't want to see that I have a problem. have no none drinking friends to talk to. No one stays around after meetings to talk. I heard one of the treatment houses here has an outpatient program. Think I need to see if I can afford it and pay to have someone to talk to.
Doesn't that just suck? BF doesn't want to hear it either. Anytime I'm feeling bad or having a bad day, he gets defensive and says I'm shutting down. He thinks it's a character flaw. So I put on a happy face.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:08 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

My interview was rescheduled. I am actually glad about that. My eyes are still puffy and I would rather my mood be better. I worked 15 hours yesterday so I am exhausted as well. I guess that could account for a lot of the way I feel today.