Notices

Mother/Son Outing

Old 10-12-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mother/Son Outing

Day 10 and I just have to say....."I LOVE BEING SOBER!!"

My son is out of school for the rest of the week, so I thought we could get out of the house and do something together...just me and him. So, we went to see a movie! If I was drinking, I would have never taken him to see a movie. All I would want to do is sit around the house and drink.....definitely wouldn't want to go anywhere. We went to see Dreamhouse and I enjoyed every minute of it. For the first time I could sit through a movie without thinking about the drinking I wanted to do after the movie.

Tonight is my son's "dad's night". Every Wednesday, his dad picks him up and keeps him overnight....takes him to school the next morning. So, Wednesday nights used to be me and my boyfriend's big drinking night! When we first met, we had a tradition of always going to Buffalo Wild Wings on Wednesdays and drink beer/eat wings. Then, go home and drink more beer all night! Even when we slowed our "eating out" on Wednesdays later on, over the last 6 years my mind and my body always felt that Wednesday nights were for nothing but drinking!

The funny thing today is.....I actually forgot it was Wednesday!! Crazy! I'm just not fixated all day on what me and my boyfriend are going to do special along with drinking together!! Even though I drank everyday.....I learned to feel that Wednesdays were "ok" to drink....I would have someone to actually drink with....AND it would be the one day I didn't have to feel guilty or ashamed. It was one day my boyfriend wouldn't be upset about my drinking and I could actually say that I wasn't drinking in front of my son.

My 2nd sober Wednesday and looking forward to a loving, sober night with my boyfriend....just me and him. We are going to make chinese food (which we eat quite a bit of on Wednesdays, because my son has the peanut allergy and chinese food is too risky for him to eat)....and go rent Season 4 of Dexter! I just got done with Season 3 last week. I need to catch up! They are on Season 6 right now.

Life is good......I really want it to stay this way. Thanks everyone for letting me share and being so understanding and supportive. Even my boyfriend said the other day......"It seems like that website you found is really helping you." I said...."yes it is.....tremendously!" :bounce
Old 10-12-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you and your son had a great day lilhaze
Have a good night too

D
Old 10-12-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

Thank you for sharing that lilhaze...it's always inspirational and motivating to see someone's life getting better in sobriety. Keep it up!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love it! Have a great time tonight!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done. Love your attitude. The part about getting out and watching a movie really stuck with me. I was a daily drinker and my evening drinking hours made it so I didnt enjoy those hours with my wife. I isolated myself in the basement with my mistress whose name was booze. So actually in the 10 days I have been sober I am out of my self imposed basement hell and enjoying being married again.

Thanks for posting!