Notices

Weekend yikes

Old 10-12-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weekend yikes

I didn't drink last night. If I can make it through this weekend with drinking it will be the first many years. I went to AA in 1986, and quit drinking for over six years. Now its hard to think about never drinking bll ever again, but I know I would be happier. There is a women only AA meeting on Saturday, I'm trying to talk myself into going. I am afraid of co-workers finding out, the are so judgemental and gossipy.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

The weekends a fair way off yet - maybe use the time to prepare yourself - post here, read around, maybe even go to a meeting sooner so you have people to call on the weekend?

I think it's best to make as many recovery plans as you can so that whatever happens, you're covered

D
Old 10-12-2011, 03:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

mtg

I hate to drive back to town at night and I haven't told hubby that I am thinking about going to AA. I know he doesn't want me to quit drinking completely, sex is better when I'm drinking. He doesn't understand why I can't just drink on Friday night then stop. I think I will feel better at all women's meeting. Would be nice if I could meet another lady that wanted to ride horses, I have four that need to be riden.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bb

Guess I should go find my well worn, marked up big book. It hasn't been used in several years now.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bb

I found it! I've had it since March 1981. It was well used back then. Forgot all the notes I'd written all over it. Hope this helps. I have really fought coming back to this, even thou I was happier then. Seems so stupid to give all this up for alcohol, but I still don't want to think that I'll never drink again. Insanity. Not sure if I'm more scared of failure or success. But I have no desire to drink tonight.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope it will help HK.

D
Old 10-12-2011, 10:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi horsekisses - it's always hard at first to think about quitting forever (or at least it was for me). I thought about drinking all the time before I got sober and the obsession was still with me when I stopped. I can tell you, though, that it feels wonderful to go through a day now without it entering my mind (until I check in here at night).

Remember you only have to deal with staying sober today, this moment. Give yourself some time....... and definitely think of something you could plan for this weekend to look forward to instead of drinking.

We're here for you!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Just do what you did that first few months in your previous sobreity.
That can be a solid base for your new start..
Old 10-13-2011, 04:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Weekends were always my big downfall. I got drunk almost every weekend for nearly 30 years. I also dreaded the thought of "never again". When I first got sober, I used the "one day at a time" approach. I found this very helpful, especially for those first few weekends. Now, I'm so busy living my life that I never even give alcohol a second thought.