Notices

Losing My Mind

Old 10-04-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Losing My Mind

I'm now right under 4 months sober. I'm getting so mad at things. Some days I can't be in a room with others. I feel dizzy, uptight, closed in and like I need to escape. I find myself laying in my room a lot and that's the only time I feel safe and not sick. It's getting highly annoying. I wanted to get though this with out meds, but now I'm starting to wonder if I can. It's so discouraging to have to not go places or be at family gatherings. When this use to happen I would drink and feel better, and now I don't know what to do.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

The only suggestion I can think of is to find something to replace the alcohol. Are you working any kind of recovery program? I mean, I know that alcohol has been my only coping tool for pretty much all of my adult life and without it, I have to have something else to fill that void inside me. I use AA and yoga, a psychiatrist and a sponsor, a little bit of everything to help me deal with things that I used to just drown. Anger has been one of my biggest issues since I quit drinking. Talk to someone, meditate, or buy a heavy bag to knock the s**t out of. Find something that works for you to bleed it off. Good luck.

--Fenris.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I remember the 3 to 4 month mark, it was pretty tough, I posted at the 100 day mark that ‘it feels like broken glass inside my head’, a thread I labeled ‘Just Need to Get this Out’.

I was so frustrated, maybe I should have went to the doctor but like you I wanted to ride it out, I’ve been told about therapists, meds etc… but I just didn’t want to do all that, again maybe I should have.

I remember lying in bed for days, allowing depression in my case to keep me there, I was miserable, the negative thoughts and emotions are really hard to get rid of, keep posting, these are tough times but you are not alone. This forum really helped me when I needed it.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

This will change! Try follow some of the suggestions above!

Hugs & love,
Old 10-04-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you should consider speaking to a professional BGS - at least get a professional opinion on what it is you're dealing with - maybe see a counsellor or psychologist if you're not keen on meds?

D
Old 10-04-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I need to do something. I feel crazy.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think talking to your dr might be a good idea for you, and maybe some counselling too.

I also have anxiety to deal with, and I have had to learn to live with it to some extent. I don't feel as comfortable in social situations as I would like, and I don't enjoy being with people that I don't know well. So, I am not as social as I used to be, and that's okay with me.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Hi bigguy

a bighug from me ok. Youve come this far, its hard, keep talking to supportive people who understand. Like Anna said, I too sometimes am a loner, the thought of being in large groups scares me and when I get the courage to just go, I find its not that bad. Just me being insecure. With the anxiety, going to the doctor is a good idea or just keep on talking here, help is here.
JJ
Old 10-04-2011, 10:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

I'd talk to a doctor. Sounds like you are unnecessarily causing yourself a lot of stress. Best wishes