Notices

Update on my life

Old 10-02-2011, 01:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on my life

I don't come on here very often anymore, usually to just lurk. But I thought maybe someone would be interested in how my life has gone.

I still go to my local drugs and alcohol drop in centre, they have a service users group. I met a bloke there and he is the typical example of someone who has struggled with addiction in all its forms, plus he has a personality disorder.

He tried to commit suicide by throwing himself out of a window and as a consequence has an unhealed broken back, is on umpteen different drugs and has a damaged liver.

Just looking at him and seeing the state he is in all the time was enough to make me stop drinking every day.

#1 son now lives with his paternal grandparents, he decided he wasn't responsible enough at 14 to look after his little brother and also be a carer for me. He now gets lots of attention from them and I am calmer too.

I live in a flat that is bigger than the house I was in and is cheaper rent, with #2 son. It's and old building and his bedroom is up in the roof, so he loves it.

I don't talk to my sister at all, if I can help it, she is one of my triggers.

I had a bad week last week, I was finishing off the last bits at my old house and my Mum was on my back, she was not happy that I chose to do my wednesday stuff, the house, apparently, was more important than my wellbeing, plus I wasn't grateful enough for their help. Well naturally I went off on one and told her that if she doesn't want to know how I am she shouldn't ask because I don't do fluffy speak.

So now I no longer have to worry about my old house and I can get on with my life.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Thanks for the update, GBBB.

So does "not drinking every day" mean you're not drinking at all? How is that going?