Notices

2 years...

Old 10-29-2011, 04:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats on 2 years! I've also followed my own path, with no formal program. I'm now over 28 months sober
Old 10-29-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 years!
Old 10-29-2011, 07:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

great for you daisy.

thanks for letting folks know they have hope no matter what method they use.

i hit 2 years on sept. 8th and my only method was this site here. that worked for me. my brother who will have 2 years in jan. used a rehab facility and some aa at first. whatever works for the individual.

we all have the same goal. i couldn't have done ti without the angels from this website.

i wouldn't dare speak for you but these 2 years have honestly been the best 2 of my life. and i'm 52.

kudos to you daisy. first for your sobriety. second for you giving back here.

david.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

A big congratuations to you Daisy!

David ^ I could not agree with you more "i couldn't have done it without the angels from this website"

My LAST drink was March 28th of this year - I did not find this site until August - I can't even express the gratitude I have for it - I no longer had to "google" what I was looking for - I had finally found it, right here at SR

I'm grateful not only for the posts that I read but it has allowed me to express myself in a platform where I feel so safe - I visit everyday - this site is a huge part of my recovery.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by daisy2 View Post
Many people quit on their own. It doesn't mean that they were any less afflicted, or less alcoholic... just because they didn't go to XXX recovery method. It's just one more road. And entirely possible.

I personally belive that change comes from within anyways, so no matter what recovery method, or lack of, you are following, it's up to you to just quit drinking and decide to change.
Daisy, those are profound statements that were simply and beautifully said. I like your style.

Some will suggest that you are advocating 'just quitting', but others like us know that you are talking about a momentous decision, a commitment, a promise to yourself that you will see this through to that new life, no matter what happens. The power to do this comes from within, and starts with believing in yourself.

Thanks to you for sharing your journey with us, and to the others that have added their support to the idea that we can stop depriving ourselves of the joy and happiness that life is offering to all of us. And we can do this now!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Congrats on 2 yrs sober!