Notices

Drama

Old 09-23-2011, 11:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drama

Sometimes we just don't recognize how good we have it.

Last week I posted my frustrations about my life just not being where I want it to be, but then again, I've never been all that good at knowing what's good for me, lol.

This past week, and especially tonight, I've been surrounded by people, and family members who are caught up in all kinds of drama. It's really kinda strange to just sit back and observe sometimes, but presently I have that luxury, for I'm single, and live a relatively simple life. I have no involvement with drama per se, but it seems to seek me out, as if to test my resolve to mind my own business, lol. I won't go into detail, but it's funny how we sometimes lose ourselves in the relationships we foster.

Another gift of recovery to me is being able to separate myself from drama that doesn't involve me. I used to try to be Mr. Fixit, but it seldom worked and I ended up drinking over stuff that really was not my concern, because it seemed like a good reason to drink (or excuse, lol).

Now it is just nice to not be involved in all this drama, for it seems when I was drinking, drama was just part of life. Now I know differently, and it's great to be at peace, if only for a short while here and there.

Hey, did you here about so and so..., oops, just kidding, lol.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

My life certainly got a whole less complicated once I removed myself from the drama I used to have as my constant companion

D
Old 09-24-2011, 07:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee for your comments.

Drama seems to be the thing these days that most people are attracted to, it's probably always been that way.

It's kinda like if you show someone a new car, they may say, oh that's nice, but if you show them a wrecked car, all smashed up and bodies laying inside, with a leg hanging out, then the next thing you knows you need crowd control, lol.

Sometimes I feel bored and unexciting in my new way of life, and maybe miss the drama somewhat at times, I know this sounds crazy. But even now, as I'm having my coffee and waking up, it's quiet, peaceful and I have a whole day to just do a few things and talk with a couple people, then wash, spin, repeat tomorrow.

That's sooo much better than coming to SR and crying the blues about another relapse or the like.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post, Dallas! Many of the things I used to call "boring" I now call "peaceful."