Notices

To the SR community

Old 09-14-2011, 04:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To the SR community

All day i have had the desire to write a post to my SR family, and so now i am. However, the words are difficult for me to find to say what i want. But, hey, here goes anyway!

I found this site well over a year ago when googling for AA information and support. I started by reading the forums and slowly posting, and then moved on to the chat room.

Over the past 15 months or so, i have seen a lot of things here, and have seen people come and go, some grow, some relapse, and some just stay the same. i have met many people i care about, and many from whom i have learned, even when i have disagreed with them.

What i never expected to get from an internet community, however, is the blessings i have found in my life today. There are a handful of people i met here who are very special to me. They are a part of my life in a way i never thought could happen through my computer. They have given me so much. And in whatever way i have been able to do so, i have hopefully been able to give some of that back.

SR is a site that facilitates this growth and helps people reach out for help, for people to give help and for people to get help. For that, i am grateful, and wanted to share my thanks.

i am blessed today in ways i never dreamt possible. My journey of sobriety has been amazing, and the SR community has been a large part of that.

With that, i will stop rambling. Have a wonderful day today.

a
Old 09-14-2011, 05:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

hug

Hi honey, well I dont have much to add to that other than a big fat ditto

We are truly blessed people and the rest of our lives can only stay that way hug
Old 09-14-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, what an awesome post! That makes me feel like I have come to the right place for help and support! Thank you so much for sharing that!