Notices

success.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I had a difficult moment this afternoon when out walking my dog. I'd been thinking about alcohol all weekend but not touched anything and I never imagined that today, a Monday, would be a huge problem as it's only ever a drinking day if I've been on it all weekend. For some reason it was though and I had this sudden urge to drink guiness. It was a really strong physical craving and it seemed like everything i'd read or posted here over the past few days had been a dream, and I started to convince myself to 'stop being ridiculous' and that my drinking habits were the same as millions of other people who liked to get drunk occasionally. After coping with friday and saturday i really didnt expect to feel like that today. Anyhow, I didnt succumb but the feeling almost overwhelmed me.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Smile

Well done to you. I had a bit of a 'blip' yesterday evening at about 8 but distracted myself by going a doing some cleaning and then forgot about it.

Day 3 today and feeling so much more clear-headed.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wullie...this is EXACTLY why they call alcohol, cunning and baffeling. You experienced it first hand. Comes out of no where...when you least expect. Well done in resisting.