Notices

almost two months, want to go back

Old 09-03-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I was the same type of drinker as you. And I was bored and lonely when I quit...well at least after I started feeling better, I was sick a lot the first 4-6 months. When I was well I started with home improvement projects. That occupied my time and gave me a sense of accomplishment. This summer I have been more social...joining new groups, attending local lectures...whatever used to interest you before you started drinking is a good place to start.

And I have a therapist and that helps too

Congrats in your sober time!
Old 09-03-2011, 11:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi, Raleighgirl & welcome.

You'll find that SR is a great place that will help you in ways you never thought & the best part is there is always someone who knows how you feel or has been down that road.
Personally my own relationship disintegrated in part due to my drinking, I've been single & sober for 111 days with nothing but SR for support, it can be done.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RaleighGirl View Post
... I just want one glass of wine.
I'm sure you know that there is no such thng as "one" glass of anything alcoholic for any of us. The thing to keep in mind - Do you REALLY want to go through the first two months of sobriety again? Early sobriety sucks. Repeating it sucks even more. Please believe me. I'm the "anyone coming back?" kid.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hey RaleighGirl...Nice job coming here to post when you needed support. Every time someone hits a patch like yours and posts, it helps us all; those who have been where you are, those who are going through it now, and those who have yet to experience it. But, as many have said, many of us take similar paths in our sobriety as it evolves, especially in the early stages.

I have too often given up at the boredom/loneliness stage you describe. But that was before I found SR... on-demand human help, offered anonymously. That kind of takes a lot of that "alone" feeling out of it doesn't it?

Thanks again for your post. I've been feeling a little alone at 29 days, even when surrounded by family and friends.