Notices

First day... I would like to introduce myself

Old 08-26-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First day... I would like to introduce myself

Hello everyone. Well I will try to let you in my life as best as I can with my addiction. I am a alcoholic. I have been drinking heavily for 6 to 8 yrs butm I am not sure so I will say 7yrs. I decided yesturday to not make any EXCUSES like usual and be sober. I was sober for a little over a month and my EXCUSES said well you can handle a few drinks. Was I wrong! Today is my first day sober. I would drink a pint and half of Vodka mixed with whatever is around 5 days mostly a week up to 7 days. By the way I don't understand why I relaped when I was sober for over a month I was a different person in every aspect of the word. Happy, talkative, productive...etc. and went back to being in the dark, making everyone angry, making no sense..... just plain stupid things I say and do which as I been reading some of the fourms, you understand. I felt so great when I soberd up after one week, never mind over a month and here I am. I am disgusted with myself. As I see I am at the right place amd need people to talk to and help me though this desease. I went to detox and honestly wasnt for me aa meetings.... last time I did it, it was all me on my own. First 5 days was sleepless but after a week all I can say is wow, smiling, talking, making sense, sun coming through the window and not always wanting it dark.... it was amazing. So here I am and I want to be normal again and stop with every little EXCUSE to pick up and get wasted.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I will be in chat everyday that I can be and am open to advice, you're help and most of all sober friends! Today is my first day sober and will update you all weekly if it will not get annoying for you all every week update. Again Thank you!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Scorpio75
You'll find a lot of support here!

D
Old 08-26-2011, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, thanks for posting. Why would we relapse when things seem to be better in sobriety? We're alcoholics. But we can learn if we hit ourselves over the head enough. Keep reading and posting and you take care.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

to SR
Old 08-26-2011, 05:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I understand how bad you feel at the moment, but don't let that stop you from getting well.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

No, Scorpio, it won't get annoying - promise.

I did the same thing you did - kept falling back on it long after I knew it was destroying me. I learned I was happier without it, & was beginning to feel joy & hope in my life. Yet still I decided to try it again, time after time. I spent many years on the rollercoaster ride & finally had to stop when my life spun out of control.

It sounds like you're ready for the insanity to be over - congratulations. We're glad you're here - keep posting.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you, Scorpio ... please update all you want! ... I think what eventually works for long-term sobriety is an individual thing (for me, initially, it was give it up or die .. and now I am more focused on really enjoying being sober, and working toward what I want out of life, and being happy) ... You'll get yours figured out ... Sometimes it takes a few tries as you get your head around things. Sounds like you're getting your head around things nicely.

Looking forward to more posts!
Old 08-26-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi Scorpio - welcome!

It can be difficult to do it all on your own...... I think you'll find the support here will really help you. Even just reading a few posts every day helped me get through those times when I would "forget" what it was like while I was drinking.

Glad you've joined us in our journey...... :day6
Old 08-26-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome, stick around SR, it can help.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Scorpio! And updates NEVER get annoying. We are all in this together!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, scorpio.

You're not alone, that's for sure. Early last year I quit for about three weeks—felt incredible. So I decided to have a drink to celebrate. You already the rest... Fortunately I made another go of it last December, putting together a clear plan for recovery (as opposed to simply vowing not to drink). SR has been a key part of that plan.

Glad to have you aboard!