Notices

The Road To Recovery

Old 08-24-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Road To Recovery

Hi all,

I am new to the site and am at the point where I need others who understand my struggles with opiate addiction...I have been using for about a year and a half and my drug of choice is perc 30's...I have never allowed myself to do heroin because I have always thought that was the worst possible thing on earth(and then i realized percs are just as bad)..I graduated college in 2010 and landed a great job within my concentration and my addiction is starting to afffect my performance...Given the economy etc. I cannot lose my job but more importantly my relationships with my family and friends. I need advice on how to STAY sober as I have tried in the past and the mental part of it has really taken a toll on me. Someone please respond to me with techniques, advice, anything that may be helpful as i TRULY WANT TO BECOME SOBER and live the life i used to live without a substance controlling my actions..
Old 08-24-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

IceCube,
You are young. If you have a supportive family PLEASE tell them and ask for their help. My daughter was addicted to oxicotin and when that got too expensive she turned to heroin (Jan 2011). She died April 28, 2011.

We wish she had told us ... we would have done everything possible and within our power to get her the help she needed.

There is NOTHING that compares to a parent(s) love. Give them the opportunity to help you.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome. There's a substance abuse thread if you scroll down from the newcomers thread. Best wishes
Old 08-24-2011, 11:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome, icecube and congrats on your recent graduation and job.....

We all know the struggle of trying to get sober and to be honest, it's almost impossible to do it on our own. The support here is great, and there are other resources out there, too: NA, outpatient or inpatient, doctors, psychiatrists, etc..... Coming here is a great start. It's scary, but lots of people have been where you're at and gotten off alcohol/drugs.

Here's the link to our Substance Abuse section:Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information